Weight and Measurements

Options
Amberh82
Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
when did you start seeing results with insanity? I don't expect a quick fix but the scale isn't moving and my clothes aren't getting any loser. I'm in week 2. Just curious so I can keep some motivation that it will happen eventually!

Replies

• MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Keep going a lot of people don't see anything until month 2. I'm in recovery week and finally losing weight :) I am also making sure to stick to my calorie goal so that's a factor in it fiinally moving again too!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i'm not weighing myself until sunday after recovery week. i hope to see a loss but i've eaten pretty badly this week so not really expecting anything. i didn't see results in month 1 (no changes in measurements or weight) but i can tell you my muscles are more visible and feel more dense to me, especially leg muscles.
  • Amberh82
    Options
    Yes, I'm definitely feeling it in my legs!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I only lose 2 lb and did not see any changes in measurement until week1 of month 2.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I lost 2 lbs after the first week and a half..none since, but I had my period and a lot of fluid retention last week, so I am not sure how accurate that is. I am nearly done with week 4 though. I went shopping yesterday, and I am fitting into a size 12 loosely, my bras are feeling too big, and I feel a lot tighter in my arms and legs.
  • mbielak
    mbielak Posts: 47
    Options
    The first time I did Insanity I lost 45 lbs. I have been doing Insanity for over 2 years now & have lost 130 lbs. Insanity works, don't give up on it. As good as the weight loss is I have also really enjoyed being in the shape I'm in now. I still have about 60 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight & I can out preform people I know that are younger & thiner than me, even the runners. I struggled alot with diet until i read a couple of good books. I would recommend "Burn The Fat And Feed The Muscle" by Tony Venuto. It will help alot. More important than just weighing yourself is knowing your lean muscle weight & your body fat weight. When I started doing this it helped. Sometimes I would not lose a pound but when I weighed myself the new way I saw that I was loosing fat & gaining muscle. Insanity is incredibly hard, you are probably gaining muscle mass which is awesome!! Muscle burns fat. This book also helped me by knowing my body type. I can't eat exactly like the Insanity diet. I had to change my protien & carb ratio. I proud of everybody here. Insanity is killer. Most poeple would never do it!!! All of you are kicking butt. The weight will come off plus you will be able to live a more productive & fulfilling life.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    The first time I did Insanity I lost 45 lbs. I have been doing Insanity for over 2 years now & have lost 130 lbs. Insanity works, don't give up on it. As good as the weight loss is I have also really enjoyed being in the shape I'm in now. I still have about 60 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight & I can out preform people I know that are younger & thiner than me, even the runners. I struggled alot with diet until i read a couple of good books. I would recommend "Burn The Fat And Feed The Muscle" by Tony Venuto. It will help alot. More important than just weighing yourself is knowing your lean muscle weight & your body fat weight. When I started doing this it helped. Sometimes I would not lose a pound but when I weighed myself the new way I saw that I was loosing fat & gaining muscle. Insanity is incredibly hard, you are probably gaining muscle mass which is awesome!! Muscle burns fat. This book also helped me by knowing my body type. I can't eat exactly like the Insanity diet. I had to change my protien & carb ratio. I proud of everybody here. Insanity is killer. Most poeple would never do it!!! All of you are kicking butt. The weight will come off plus you will be able to live a more productive & fulfilling life.

what do you mean by "knowing your body type" is it the endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph thing or something different? i've never been able to figure out which one i am!
  • mbielak
    mbielak Posts: 47
    Options

what do you mean by "knowing your body type" is it the endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph thing or something different? i've never been able to figure out which one i am!

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I struggled with this also but the book I mentioned help clear this up for me. Most people are not 1 type but a combination of those with 1 being more dominant than the others. I am a combination of a Endomorph & a Mesomorph.
  • cjterrell
    cjterrell Posts: 2
    Options
    I started Insanity April 15. I can definitely tell that i'm getting in better shape and can actually make it through the workouts. I'm totallly exhausted when I'm done. I've been watching my calorie intake and have only lost 4lbs since I started. I try and eat a high protein diet. I can also tell that I've lost some inches and muscle tone seems to be starting to define. I've just been really frustrated with no weight loss. But after reading some of your posts, looks like I will hopefully see the weight loss in a couple more weeks when I start my second month.
  • Amberh82
    Options
    I definitely wasn't going to give up just because I wasn't losing. I know it is a process. It is a challenge for me and I like that. I can definitely tell I'm gaining muscle though as well.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm in Week 4....in the beginning I actually gained weight! I went from 138 to 140 and now I am at 134...so 4lbs so far! I'm in one size smaller pants (I did not take measurements)...and I'm seeing muscle definition! I'm eating about 1500-1800 cals and also running 3 times a week!
  • Nserrano03
    Nserrano03 Posts: 22
    Options
    I just completeted week 7...I've weigh and measured myself everytime I do the fit test. Here are my results. I've noticed that the scale is not moving as much but I see the difference in my measurements.