Ovulation

Options
CarrieT27
CarrieT27 Posts: 5 Member
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone with PCOS went from no ovulation at all, to regularly ovulating once they lost weight? Curious minds want to know ;)

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have. Once I lost 30 pounds, I started ovulating and started having periods every 30 - 37 days. Even a little bit, helps. Just try your hardest. Remember it's a lifestyle change to help with PCOS, not just a diet. Also the first time I lost a little weight I conceived my son.
  • jaimielee317
    Options
    I know when I lost 30lbs before I got my first period in over 3 years! dont know if I ovulated or not though, but thats my goal I am workin towards.
  • CarrieT27
    CarrieT27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info ladies!!! I lost 30 lbs in 2010 and started to get my periods back, I went from maybe once a year to about every 6-8 weeks, which is good. However, I chart my cycles and it doesn't look like ovulation is occuring, even though I am getting periods :( I have been using this website for, well it will be two weeks tomorrow and the first week I lost 3 lbs, so tomorrow is the weigh in day. This website is my lifesaver!! This is the most motivating tool I have ever used for weight loss and its FREE. I am not getting frustrated at all or even think about quitting. I am learning which foods to eat and what not to eat, so I am definitely making it a lifestyle change :) I am just hoping that along with the weightloss will come regular ovulation. Thanks again, ladies :D
  • Shirvona
    Shirvona Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My doctor has noticed that, for me me anyway, that I soon as I start consuming dark green veggies (broccoli, spinach, etc) I get my period back. I have now had 3 cycles in a row that were between 30 to 33 days. Now I think I may be experiencing ovulation pain but I really don't know anything about it. And all the research I have done the majority seems to be that you can get ovulation pain anywhere from 4 to 2 days before to 2 days after. Anyone else know anymore about it?