p90x with injuries.

Options
mlmanney
mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
Ok so I need some advice. I have been trying to do my p90x with a shoulder injury (probably rotator cuff issue, wont know for sure until I see the Dr. later this week). I have been doing the lean version I am in week 4 of phase 2. I have been trying to do everything that doesn't involve the shoulder. so I have worked out on my treadmill on days that involve alot of shoulder/arms. today I did cardio x in place of core synergistics. I thought I could do it since arms was minimal but now paying the price. wondering if any of you out there have any suggestions(besides the obvious and see the Dr.). I don't want to give up, want to finish the 90 days! If anyone can give me any advice for how to do the last phase with a shoulder problem I would love to hear your suggestions!

Replies

• FitCoachTina
    Options
    From someone who had a torn rotator cuff and DIDN"T let it heal...give it the rest and time it needs. YES, it's frustrating, YES, you'll be sitting out a while but if you don't, it's sooooooo not worth it. I tore mine nearly 2 years ago and STILL have issues and pain with almost every workout. I finally had to let it rest almost 6 months after I stubbornly kept working it. Now, I can do just about anything but the pain can still come with overhead presses and the fast punches in Turbo Fire. I just have to listen to my body, take time off when needed, Aleve for pain and sleep with a pillow under my arm/shoulder. Don't do anything until the dr okays you!!!

Tina K.
  • mlmanney
    Options
    Thanks Tina! I am seeing the Dr. today. Hopefully It isn't serious. but know I have to lay off of it and have been doing mostly cardio workouts (anything that doesn't involve arms). Hope for good news from the Dr.
  • mlmanney
    Options
    ok. so good news and bad news. good news is it is tendinitis in my left shoulder. bad news is no movements above 90 degrees or overhead allowed for 6-8 weeks.....so dang it I have to bail out of my p90x almost done with phase 2. only had a month left. guess I will to join the gym so I can have some variety of cardio.