Elder Scrolls Online

Options
Operation_Me
Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
The much rumored MMO was finally announced today. I haven't played one since WoW about 3 years ago. I even managed to stay away from the Star Wars one. But I think I might have to check this one out. I know it's probably a year or so away but anyone else excited about this?

Replies

• jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I saw that today, too! Although, I thought that I saw somewhere that it was a browser MMO...I am not positive about that. But I gagged a little bit thinking about a browser MMO.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Here's some info on it. It might be the first MMO I check out!

http://www.ign.com/wikis/elder-scrolls-online
  • Onipaa808
    Onipaa808 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't like paying for MMOs. I'd rather have a single player/co-op game of all of Nirn (Elder SCrolls Planet) I don't care how long it'll take, I want that, not an MMO.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I don't play MMOs much anymore. Never touched WoW. I read about this in the May issue of Game Informer last month. It's gotten no steam cuz of Diablo 3.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    The little that has been released doesn't have me too excited unfortunately.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Kind of a bummer, it's not being made by Bethesda, it's being made by some Zenimax, it's using the same engine Star Wars: TOR was built on, the one screenshot they released looks very WoW-ish (that I've seen at least), not anything like Skyrim or any Elder Scrolls game to date. The description of it based on the Game Informer article seemed like another cookie cutter MMO, and seeing that it's been in development since 2007, that's probably not going to change.

I'll be curious to see what the reaction is once more screenshots and videos come out, it looks pretty generic so far, and I haven't played an MMO since Dark Age of Camelot, so while I love the Elder Scrolls series, I don't see this as anything that will pull me back in.
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Zenimax is a sister company of Bethesda, fyi.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, but I've pretty much sworn off of MMOs as they are too much of a time sink considering my more active lifestyle now. I refuse to play any game where logging in means committing to 3+ hours of sit-down game time whether you want to or not, and that's the way all MMOs work.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I don't like paying for MMOs. I'd rather have a single player/co-op game of all of Nirn (Elder SCrolls Planet) I don't care how long it'll take, I want that, not an MMO.

Now THAT I would pay for. To traverse the entirety of Nirn woudl be the most fun ever! I started with Skyrim, and still have yet to finish it, but I have played Oblivion since starting Skyrim. I want to explore Elswier and Black Marsh and Morrowind together in the same game.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I agree on really wanting to explore all of Nirn.That would be an awesome Elder Scrolls game.