new

Options
Hey all!! Im new to the board and am really excited to get started!! Hows everyone's diets going!!

Replies

• Elohvey
    Elohvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm also new to the group. My diet is going OK for the most part. Yourself?
  • gothgirlphx
    gothgirlphx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm fairly new here too. I have no idea what i'm doing lol. i just try to make it to the gym everyday, and hope my caloric intake is in the green at the end of the day. any suggestions?
  • Elohvey
    Elohvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much doing the same thing so I really don't have much to offer other than staying hydrated as it's getting hot here. You've most likely have heard that though. Staying in the green is getting more challenging now that I'm on vacation. DX
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    Hello, I'm fairly new here too. I have no idea what i'm doing lol. i just try to make it to the gym everyday, and hope my caloric intake is in the green at the end of the day. any suggestions?

Get a scale, weigh everything you can.

Don't guess on portion size, you WILL be wrong ( I always am anyway )

Get a HRM if you want accurate numbers, don't trust the default ones on MFP (the going consensus is that the polar ft4 is great)

Lift weights! You won't gain bulk without going over on calories, and it's great for losing inches!

Get plenty of protein for recovery and such, blow past the default limits on MFP, you can't go wrong with too much protein, a rule of thumb I've seen a lot is 1g of protein for every pound of body weight.

Good luck!
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too! So far so good. I have good days and not so great days but I don't let it derail my overall efforts.

Does anyone like Zumba? It's the most fun I've ever had in a workout. :)
  • gothgirlphx
    gothgirlphx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I walk past the Zumba class quite a bit to get to the treadmill, and though they look worn out, they look like they had a blast. With my work hours, I just can't get to the Y in time for the class. It's either half over or wrapping up when I get there. A trainer at my gym said "You're not gonna' find a better all-around workout than Zumba." But I have been doing the Hatha Yoga classes and swim aerobics for a change of pace. Still trying to run that darn mile. Might not sound like a big deal, but I can nearly run 1/4 mile without slowing. I used to run 6 miles a day, so it's a little depressing, but at the same time, I'm making progress :-)