I'm back!!

Options
sykin
sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
So...I kind of disappeared for a while. At the end of March, I realized I was becoming "scale obsessed". I was weighing myself twice a day (once in the morning, once at night) and getting so bummed when the numbers didn't go the way I wanted. I started to get into some bad habits and decided it was best if I skipped logging and weighing for the month of April. I thought for sure I'd gain a billion pounds, but I didn't. I maintained and now I feel confident again that I will be OK and I can do this. I'm back to logging, weighing (once a day only) and getting my butt in gear.

So I wanted to say Hi to everyone again and welcome to any new members :) I'm looking forward to kicking some major butt! I reset my start weight to what I weighed yesterday so my ticker is all brand new. I am hoping to lose another 20 pounds, but I'd probably be pretty happy with losing 15. I'm mostly concerned about my size. I am seriously trying to lose 2 sizes by August.

How has everyone been? I didn't hear from anyone to claim twilight goodies for making their goal in March (or was it April? I don't remember) so if you're still interested in that, let me know :) I'm still willing to mail something out :)

Missie

Replies

• jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    Not new to site, but new to group-just wanted to say its nice to find a Twi-Group. Have a nice evening!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Missie :-)

I generally weigh myself only once a week; anymore and I'd drive myself batty
  • sykin
    Options
    Not new to site, but new to group-just wanted to say its nice to find a Twi-Group. Have a nice evening!

Welcome!
  • sykin
    Options
    Welcome back Missie :-)

I generally weigh myself only once a week; anymore and I'd drive myself batty

Thanks :) I used to only log my weight once a week, but I just can't do that anymore. LOL - I've always weighed myself twice a day but it just became too much. I log my weight each morning so I can keep myself on track but hopefully I won't freak out. LOL We'll see!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Missie!

After the rough March I had with mono and a death in the family, I kind of fell off the chart and the group discussion. I'm back to participating though and am excited to see what May brings for all of us.

I weigh myself every morning, but only log my weight on MFP once per week (Saturdays). Though I do see some fluctuation, I find that weighing daily helps keep me on track.
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I just came back too and am restarting my journey today. I've missed all my Twi Peeps! <3
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Same here! Due to some major health drama with my hubby, i completely threw everything out the window (healthy eating, exercise, tracking, etc). I didn't gain as much as I had feared, but I am back at it again.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I think I might have been the only one using the chart the past 2 weeks
  • sykin
    Options
    I think I might have been the only one using the chart the past 2 weeks

Sad! Well, I hope we all get back to it. I saw some debate on what should be done for May. As it's already the end of the first week, maybe we should just have a challenge each week here in the discussions? We can start a new thread each week with a new challenge - what do you guys think? Is that too difficult for the month of May? Then we could really work on something big for June?

Oh - and welcome back to everyone else as well!