jump rope

Options
natalie2355
natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
I'm finally ready to make a real investment and get a good jump rope... just dont know which one to get. i usually can only get double unders when i use the cable/metal ones. suggestions??? thanks :)

Replies

• jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like the plain old ultra speed ropes. http://www.roguefitness.com/ultra-speed-cable-jump-ropes.php. I suck at double unders, but this rope seems to work for me and I'm able to do much better when using a rope I cut to my own height.

With that said, a boxer friend of mine swears by the Buddy Lee Aero Speed Jump Rope. The thing is expensive, but he does some pretty intense work beyond that of double unders. He's told me a few times that he can't do complex jumping with the ultra speed ropes. http://www.amazon.com/Buddy-Speed-Hyperformance-EXTRA-Replacement/dp/B004FW9S52/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1335204153&sr=8-12
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Mine's an AgainFaster rope, and I haven't had any issues with it. Recommend you get these kind with the bearings allowing the rope to twist with you; if you get the kind where the rope goes up into the handle, they don't spin and end up twisting around.
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love both my RX rope and my Ultra Speed rope from Again Faster. The Again Faster one is about $20, and the RX one is not adjustable, and is $40. The RX one moves more smoothly for me, and if something happens to it you can replace the cable for $7 rather than buy a whole new rope.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump!

I'm pretty decent at double unders w/ a wider-corded rope...I def want a good speed rope!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I have an ultra speed cable (rubber covered) I buy through amazon from buyjumprope.com - about $14.00 - works awesome and has lasted a really long time- I don't like the just cable without the covering as I found it unravels with more use - so the covering helps
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i literally was just headed here to post the same question!

Looking for some good opinions!
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Was so glad to find this post! I have not yet been able to master the double under, but based on recommendations here and other sites, I ordered a RX jump rope today - wish me luck!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I have an again faster ultra speed rope. Love it.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking about a jump rope...and keep saying I'll probably treat myself to an RX jumprope when I can string double unders together....yea, maybe I need a new plan...
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I heard that the Rx rope is heavier than the ultra speed rope - this is supposed to be beneficial for people who don't have DU's yet.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    speaking of DU's - yesterday's supplemental WOD at my box was 1000 double unders! The main WOD was ANNIE - OMG. I wouldn't be able to walk today. Thankfully it was a home strength day.
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    speaking of DU's - yesterday's supplemental WOD at my box was 1000 double unders! The main WOD was ANNIE - OMG. I wouldn't be able to walk today. Thankfully it was a home strength day.

Yikes - I can't imagine!! I had to do 800 singles the other day and my calves are still screaming!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I would get an Rx if I could, but unfortunately I can't justify the insane shipping costs to get it sent to Australia or Turkey :(
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i love my againfaster one..totally awesome purchase! i was able to string twice as many DU's than before!