Tracking B12?

Options
blnorman29
blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
Is there any way to track my B12? Either through MFP or through another site?

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

I am not sure how to track it, but you can take A LOT of B12 without it having a negative affect on you, you'll just pee out the extra. So overdo it a bit if you want to be sure. If you supplement B12 make sure to get the b12 made out of methylcobalamin and NOT cyanocobalamin. The body must convert cyano into methylcobalamin, so some say that methylcobalamin is more easily absorbed. for some reason most b12 vitamins use the cyano. I get mine at whole foods from Jarrow formulas 1000mcg, I chew one a day and it is suitable for vegans/vegetarians. I got the chewable kind and it is yummy. Sorry I really didn't answer your actual question but I Hope that helps
  • livelongmama
    livelongmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    MFP does not keep track of B12. There is no place to enter it into the food database (when entering a new food), so that information is lacking for all of the food in the database.

If you know how much B-12 you are getting and just want a way to log it, you can log it in the "Check In" tab. Go to your "My Home" page, click on the "Check In" tab (same place you enter weight and measurements), click on "Change Measurements" and click "Add Measurement". From that point on, every time you check in, you will have a spot to log your B-12.
  • forevereuphoric
    forevereuphoric Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I am not sure how to track it, but you can take A LOT of B12 without it having a negative affect on you, you'll just pee out the extra. So overdo it a bit if you want to be sure. If you supplement B12 make sure to get the b12 made out of methylcobalamin and NOT cyanocobalamin. The body must convert cyano into methylcobalamin, so some say that methylcobalamin is more easily absorbed. for some reason most b12 vitamins use the cyano. I get mine at whole foods from Jarrow formulas 1000mcg, I chew one a day and it is suitable for vegans/vegetarians. I got the chewable kind and it is yummy. Sorry I really didn't answer your actual question but I Hope that helps

Hey, could you link those vitamins/name them for me? I searched their website and couldn't find them. I'm very interested!
    Edit: are they "Methyl B-12"?