May Challenge, Week 1 (5/4-5/6)

Options
Alright ladies! We are a bit behind this week, but I think if we can learn anything from our fitness and weight loss journeys, it is better late than never! So, let's end the first week of May strong with a short challenge for the weekend. Then, on Monday, we can start a new thread with a more substantial challenge for next week.

So, for this weekend, let's focus on making one healthful choice that we would not ordinarily make. For me, this choice is going to be to not use having family over as an excuse to eat whatever I want. It is my daughter's first birthday celebration this weekend and we will have 20-40 people at our house at any given time and we are feeding all of them! In the past, I've been really bad about using such occasions as "calories don't count splurges." But, of course, as I've learned, calories ALWAYS count, whether I record them or not :) This isn't to say that I'll be the one having chicken broth and salad at my daughter's party (no way, I'm making mostaccioli and salad!) but I WILL make a conscious decision to remind myself that my actions that day will not just disappear magically because they were on a special occasion!

Anyway, I'm hoping that this is something doable for this weekend and we can come up with something different to start off next week's challenge!

Please share with everyone else what you're planning to do this weekend!

Replies

• danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will track my food through the weekend and get in some excercise. I will often do well during the week, then not track food on the weekend and eat very poorly. I would do much better to get weekends under control.
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    You must of known we are having a cino de mayo party tonight and ive been dreaming about shoveling mexican food in my mouth lol!! I wasnt gonna accept this challenge but I have decided I need to! Im gonna stay under my calorie intake! Nomatter how much I want the food I must watch my calories!!!
  • K_Pow
    K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hubby is on nights this weekend which means me trying to keep the house quiet during the day so he can sleep....with a 15 month old it isn't happening...so we go out during most of the day which usually means unnecessarily eating out and "treats". This also means me solo at night which is a challenge because I'm a horrible closet eater...so when no one is around..watch out!

I managed to get through Friday because I got up at 5am to go for a run, went to work for the day and once supper and clean up was done went to be nice and early

Today I kept myself busy by yardsaling, grocery shopping, teaching a spin class and having a playdate with some mom friends of mine at the park....and my only treats were coffee. The plan tonight is to watch a movie with some healthy treats.

Tomorrow will not be as busy but the weather looks good so I think I'll be hitting the streets for a run with my girl, getting in some activity and soaking up the sun.

Good luck to everyone rocking their weekend goals!!!!!!!