grand rapids runners unite

Options

Replies

• peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the Zombie dash!! I was planning on doing one in Indiana next year, but this seems more toned down and looks like a great beginner zombie run and I don't see an age limit so I am hoping me and my son can do this!

It depends on how old, but under 18 needs to run (or be a zombie) with an adult from what I saw.

Thanks, finally saw it on the registration page and registered my son and I last week. We are looking forward to it!
  • zuyddyk98
    zuyddyk98 Posts: 52
    Options
    calvin college 5k Saturday morning, I'm debating on this one right now. weather may not be very nice on Saturday.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 5k this Saturday in Shepherd.. free pancakes after! It's going to seem short compared the the 10k I thought I was going to die in a week and a half ago in Ann Arbor :p
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    ran 4 miles tonight on the treadmill, I was in a bad mood all day today... after my run I feel great!
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the Zombie dash!! I was planning on doing one in Indiana next year, but this seems more toned down and looks like a great beginner zombie run and I don't see an age limit so I am hoping me and my son can do this!

It depends on how old, but under 18 needs to run (or be a zombie) with an adult from what I saw.

Thanks, finally saw it on the registration page and registered my son and I last week. We are looking forward to it!

Have fun!
  • primalchaos
    Options
    calvin college 5k Saturday morning, I'm debating on this one right now. weather may not be very nice on Saturday.

Yes, cold with rain. But will get my exercise in.
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I'm running in the Holland tulip time 10k on Saturday, I am so excited! this will be the longest run I've ever done.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Who did the Zombie run this past weekend?
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I did it, granted I walked most of the way but I had a blast and am looking forward to the one in October. I am also starting C25k this week in the hopes that I can be more prepared for the Zombie Dash in October.
  • primalchaos
    Options
    Who did the Zombie run this past weekend?

I did! Was good fun!
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    awesome, way to go!
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    today was my tulip time 10k race in Holland. I had the time of my life. my goal was 1 hr. my time was 58:05!
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    anyone going to be running this Saturday in the grand rapids 5/3 riverbank run? 5k,10k, 25k)?
    I'm going to go watch the race as a spectator this year.
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    I'll be down there doing post-race refreshments with my niece. Next year I want to run it.
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I'll be down there doing post-race refreshments with my niece. Next year I want to run it.

awesome! that's a great goal to strive for, & keep u motivated.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    anyone going to be running this Saturday in the grand rapids 5/3 riverbank run? 5k,10k, 25k)?

I planned on running it but I'm giving my stress fracture another week, so I'll be spectating as well
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I planned on running it but I'm giving my stress fracture another week, so I'll be spectating as well
    [/quote]

that stinks, I hope that heels quickly
  • primalchaos
    Options
    today was my tulip time 10k race in Holland. I had the time of my life. my goal was 1 hr. my time was 58:05!
    Great job!
  • primalchaos
    Options
    I'm in the first heat of the 5k. Friends have me worried that it will be so packed that I can't run but have to zig zag around people but we'll see. I know I'm ready to go have been running for months now.
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I'm in the first heat of the 5k. Friends have me worried that it will be so packed that I can't run but have to zig zag around people but we'll see. I know I'm ready to go have been running for months now.
    [/quote]

have a great race!