Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

2012 Progress?

Options
Leigh_D
Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member

| Now that we are a quarter of the way into 2012, I thought it was a good time for a progress report!
| What progress have you made in the first three months? (Health/weight related or otherwise?)
| Tell us about your accomplishments!

I didn't feel like I had come too far in the last three months, but I just looked back at some older posts and realize that I have shed another FIFTEEN pounds!

Also, I have improved my running ...
FROM intervals of 3 minutes run, one minute walk at an overall pace of 12:00 min/mile
TO walk intervals at every mile, at an overall pace of about 10:00 min/mile. I even had one run where I just squeaked out sub-10:00!
I am looking forward to my first Half-Marathon ever on May 19th. :)

Professionally, I am working more (I'm a contractor) and that is a big boost to our bank account. I also re-certified to the latest version of some programs, and that should allow me some opportunities for advancement.

Replies

• JuliaSchumacher
    Options
    Good luck at your half marathon! I did the 10k at the Great Potato last year and my husband did the half. I find races so inspiring. My husband just did Robie this last weekend. Good luck and I thought you should know that I find your story quite inspriring!!!
  • jim4sparks
    jim4sparks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am down about 15 lbs and 31 overall since I started using MFP. I am also using a Fitbit for about the past month. I think they are both tools that have helped to motivate and keep me on track. I want to lose about 15 more pounds.