Videogames

Options
ScientistStudy
ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
Hey,

Any gamers out there?

Created this to discuss things like your favourite console and games basically :happy:

My preferred console is the xbox 360 and I love games like Fallout, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Fable (long RPGs really), Bioshock, Alice: Madness Returns (and of course the original American McGees Alice for the PC that was then redefined for the xbox), Assassins Creed and Gears of War.

I'm sure I'll have missed some but once the conversation gets flowing those will come out :bigsmile:

Replies

• yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    I've recently been getting back into World of Warcraft after 2 years. I have a 360, ps3, and wii but i mainly play on my pc.
    If I'm not playing WoW I usually play an fps (payday the hesit being my current favourite)
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    I have all the big consoles right now, including the FFVII 20th Anniversary PSP *hipthrusts her e-peen a bit*... That said, I'm a huge Playstation fangirl. :/ Well, overall-- Nintendo Virtual Boy was my favorite system growing up. Nothing like giving yourself splitting headaches before bed. <3

The Persona series and Legend of Dragoon are likely my favorite games, but I'm waiting on The Secret World (since 2009.. rofl ; ; hurryUP!!) and playing a lot of Tribes Ascended. It's fun for a shooter.
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've recently been getting back into World of Warcraft after 2 years. I have a 360, ps3, and wii but i mainly play on my pc.
    If I'm not playing WoW I usually play an fps (payday the hesit being my current favourite)

Horde or Alliance?
  • boocah
    boocah Posts: 7
    Options
    I mostly play indie games on my PC - currently failing at Bastion, Recettear, Cave Story+ and Super Meat Boy.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I was in the past. I have scaled back alot. Before MFP and getting my health/weight in order FFXIV was my drug of choice. 7-10 hrs. everyday. I don't play FFXIV anymore but I still play other stuff. I am all over the place, Xbox, NES, Sega Saturn, SNES, PS3, pc, cel phone/android tablet.

I now average 3-6hrs. a week. My favorite genres are RPG/Action/Adventure types. I also love MMORPGs but I have a hard time getting into them. It's such a time sink and I don't want to go down that road again. I also like FPS, Halo, CoD, etc etc but I really suck at them, lol.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thats something I need to sort out really, I need to spend less time as a couch potato playing videogames, and more time exercising. If necessary I could play fitness games on my kinect to get my gaming fix haha.
  • AlmondTheGreat
    Options
    PS3 fanboy :) Always been an RPG and final fantasy fan. Up till number 11 anyway. Play a lot of call of duty but am getting a bit bored of them now. Come to think of it MW3 is the only one I haven't platinumed.
    Addicted to skyrim like crazy. Can't wait for DLC.
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a ridiculous amount of consoles. The standard 360 & PS3, a Wii, then I still have my old original modded Xbox, PS2, Jaguar, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Gamecube, Gameboys galore.. Maybe I should clear some of these out since I usually only use emulators now anyway!

I also love my PC games - I'm playing SWTOR right now and have my L4D2 matches with coworkers. Minecraft is also a serious addiction. And then next week is Diablo 3 and Max Payne 3!
  • Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    These days I'm pretty much all PC. Quit WoW a while back and right now thinking about getting GW2 (probably depending on how many other friends are playing). Other than that I've got plenty of games on Steam to keep me occupied; taking the lead right now besides Skyrim is Portal 2 now that I've got all the community maps to entertain myself with XD
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I have a PS3 which I haven't used to play a video game in...I don't know how long. I mainly use it for netflix because I don't have cable. I have a Wii, which is used about 50/50 for netflix and games. I've got a Turbo something or other that plays NES, Super NES and Sega games, a GameCube, N64, Super Nintendo, Nintendo (not currently working), PS2 and an Atari emulator with something like 25 games on it, about 10 plug and play games, and a DS XL, my daughter has a DSi, my son has a 3DS. Mario games are my favorite. I also really like the Donkey Kong Country games. Classic games, I like Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga. On Galaga, I used to be able to play up to my age (when I was 24, could get up to level 24).
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    <---this girl!

I'm typically a PC gamer, but have an Xbox 360 where i play FPS' and some RPG's...however I do prefer the RPG to be on the computer... brings me back to my NWN days....:)

I've played a lot, and still have lots to play :) I started out with a Nintendo, super mario 1 and FF1 (my epic party of all fighters hahaha!), then graduated to a Sega genesis, then to PC games...

I'm looking forward to playing SWTOR when I get back online :)
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    PS3 fanboy :) Always been an RPG and final fantasy fan. Up till number 11 anyway. Play a lot of call of duty but am getting a bit bored of them now. Come to think of it MW3 is the only one I haven't platinumed.
    Addicted to skyrim like crazy. Can't wait for DLC.

What's your fave Final Fantasy so far?
  • AlmondTheGreat
    Options
    Has and always will be number 7.
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    Has and always will be number 7.

Good man!
  • AlmondTheGreat
    Options
    They need to remake it :) Loved the story on 8and squalls character is similar to my own. just hated the time consuming drawing system.
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    They need to remake it :) Loved the story on 8and squalls character is similar to my own. just hated the time consuming drawing system.

Exactly how I feel about 8!!!

Ok, I'd be fine with a remake of 7...if they don't change the story at all...keep it as is, just prettier :)
  • AlmondTheGreat
    Options
    Yeah thats it. Just better graphics and fmv's. You play skyrim or fallout?
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    Yeah thats it. Just better graphics and fmv's. You play skyrim or fallout?

::sorry for hijacking the thread...*ducks*::

No, b/c I need another pc...but I plan on it!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I would really like to quit wow so I have time to play some other games but between work and raiding (and we do not raid much at all, relatively) and working out and hugging my cats (theyre very huggable)I feel like I don't have time.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I quit WOW a couple years ago, but spent the better part of 4 years completely addicted. Started to get a little bored so I moved onto consoles and FPS.

Halo 2 will always be a favorite (might be because of my friends at the time).

Current:
    Borderlands (PC)
    Company of Hereos
    COD
    L4D2 (PC)

Need to pick up:
    Portal 2

I play everything though. Right now my 360 is used mainly to stream Netflix and I haven't touched my wii in god knows how long. I really should dust it off, but nothing interests me on there right now. Waiting for some good new games to come out.