Moving!!! North Port area?? Help!?!?

melissa97
melissa97 Posts: 57 Member
So i will be a Florida resident in a little over a month and im soo nervous about the big move!! (from Massachusetts) Anyone in North Port that wants to offer some good info on good dr's, pediatricians, dentists, gyms, preschools, daycares, sports...really anything! Its so nerve wracking doing it over the internet and not knowing peoples opinions. Actually any info or tips on living in Florida would be such a great help!!! I cant wait to live in the Sunshine state but this move is very spur of the moment and im soo afraid!!! Would also love workout buddies in my area!!!

Replies

• Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    I live in North Port. I'm not sure about doctors or anything but I go to the YMCA in Port Charlotte and I can go to the branch in North Port as well. The YMCA has sports sometimes from the ads I've seen. I don't have kids so I don't know about daycares either but the public schools here are good. =]
  • debloves2ride
    debloves2ride Posts: 386
    i don't live in north Port - but have some general Florida tips. If you kids are little - and can't swim - get them into lessons quickly. there is water everywhere down here. SUN SCREEN when you go outside for any length of time, especially being from MA, you skin will burn real easy the first summer. Bug spray - sorry, but we have bugs, big ones. So off for you when you are outside in the evenings and bug spray for your house.

I have lived here all my life and wouldn't live anywhere else. good luck - it will work out
  • melissa97
    melissa97 Posts: 57 Member
    Thanks! I was planning on giving my girls more swimming lessons...my older one is 6 and can swim but not great and my 3 year old has no fear and cant swim and we will have a pool at our house so that will def be one of the 1st things i do. I burn bad so sunscreen is my bestfriend!!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    I dont know much about the North port area but i live in Port Charlotte maybe 15 miles away? There is a place called The Morgan Family recreation Center that offers a TON of things to do for adults and children. I have gone there to do Zumba. Its on Price.

Welcome to the area and i hope you are enjoying Florida