Polar HRM Acting Strange

Options
jlebert716
jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
Hey all, so my chest strap on my polar ft4 starting acting weird. It will only register my heart rate for a couple minutes and then it either drops to 0 or goes up to like 210, neither of which are reasonable. I know everyone is going suggest putting it in the washing machine but after I washed it for the first time is when it started acting weird. Any suggestions?

Replies

• SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My strap says not to put it in the washing machine. I just wash it by hand and let it hang out a towel rack to dry.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Did you try replacing the batteries? Also, I think you are not supposed to put it in the washing machine. Try the batteries though :) Good luck!
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The batteries should be okay. It does say to wash in the machine every week or so. I think the problem that I am having is that I used detergent with fabric softener and it says not to. I didnt even realize it! I looked up replacements and they are relatively cheap so I guess I will just get a new one
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    That's so weird! I have the Polar F4 and on my strap is says to only wash by hand in lukewarm water and to use very gentle soap.