Favorite movie and why?

Options
Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
Amelie
love this movie and wish I spoke french. It's not so much the story but the way it's told. It's better to help people than garden gnomes.

Replies

• CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I was so tempted to make that movie the banner. I LOVE that movie!!!

But, I chose my all time favorite instead: Cinema Paradiso.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have a lot that tend to take my #1 spot. However Almost Famous usually stays up there. Beyond the amazing script, I have felt like that kid in a big world of amazing, but fake and confused people. It touches me everytime.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    A Clockwork Orange - I'm absolutely enthralled with this dystopian book - and I was extremely happy that the movie did just as good of a job getting to me. The characters are INCREDIBLE! The whole story is intense and thought provoking.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Say what you want, but I will always (always!) love Singin' in the Rain. Say what you want, but the movie is a classic. I love how many other movies it pulls from and still makes comments about the film industry, some still being rather true to today.

Of course I like other films that are more serious or "heady" but this one will always be my favorite.
    singin-in-the-rain1.jpg
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Delicatessan (by the same person who did Amelie) because I love the message of the film and how the vegetarians are the freedom fighters. Such a departure from how vegetarians are so often depicted.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    So many to chose from but for now I will say Closer. No real profound reason why other than I loved the realism of it and at the time I went and saw it I had just ended a 9 year relationship with someone who was cheating on me so I could relate to it, to an extent of course. And it one of those once I start thinking about it I need to put it on and watch it again.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    MASK - the Rocky Dennis story.

Truly an inspiring movie that sets the preface on how to look at the world. Move beyond the prejudices of society's conditioning on what is and what is not acceptable.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCXKQN9lZiwrw7nAWR5CVo-APmEIluZXyuP42TQkx8f1gBMBrMvg
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    The Shawshank Redemption!

great story..... Great acting
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Casablanca.

Classic.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    There are so many movies that I absolutely love, and it's quite difficult to determine which of those deserves the title of "Candace's Favourite Film". That being said I'll now announce my favourite film. lol

invention-of-lying.jpeg
    :drinker: :love: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm torn! Hobo With a Shotgun, Rubber, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, The Social Network, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. These are the latest, it would take an algorithm to figure it out. I'd say Behind the Mask is on top for now. It's an incredibly entertaining deconstructed slasher film. I"m a horror fan and this was clever with humor, gore, and very decent acting.

"I only have pets I can eat."
  • razorspells
    Options
    My all time favorite movie is: With Honors
    Self sacrifice, compassion towards other people :smile:
  • david581c
    Options
    I gotta check out ur guy's favorites.

mine would probably be a toss up between Life Aquatic or Hot Fuzz
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a few that I absolutely love and could watch over and over again - The Outsiders, The Breakfast Club, Empire Records and Clerks.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It's hard to pick one favourite movie, I love so many of different genres and for different reasons. I'd say if I had to pick one it would be 'Fight Club' because it's always in my top 5 at any given time. I'm a huge fan of the book and I think the film was a brilliant adaptation. Excellent performances, excellent direction and visually brilliant.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Big Fish

I’m usually drawn to entertainment (books [The Night Circus!], movies) that meld fantasy and reality. I think the imagery is beautiful. There are too many scenes that are staggeringly beautiful that I can’t pick a favorite; Time stopping for love at first sight? Proposing in a field of daffodils? Seeing the town of Spectre for the first time? A husband and wife saying goodbye in a bathtub – with all their clothes on? Or a son realizing something he knew all along, and carrying his father into the river and letting him go? It’s just a great film! I like how all the characters are interweaved and how all the fantastical stories his father has told all make sense in the end. Never fails to bring on the waterworks, even though I’ve seen it many, many times. The music is also great. And, though I am a big fan of Tim Burton in general, this movie is almost like a breath of fresh air coming from him, but still has his signature style. I will never get sick of watching it.

I’m a grown-up who still likes Fairy Tales! =D
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Big Fish

I’m usually drawn to entertainment (books [The Night Circus!], movies) that meld fantasy and reality. I think the imagery is beautiful. There are too many scenes that are staggeringly beautiful that I can’t pick a favorite; Time stopping for love at first sight? Proposing in a field of daffodils? Seeing the town of Spectre for the first time? A husband and wife saying goodbye in a bathtub – with all their clothes on? Or a son realizing something he knew all along, and carrying his father into the river and letting him go? It’s just a great film! I like how all the characters are interweaved and how all the fantastical stories his father has told all make sense in the end. Never fails to bring on the waterworks, even though I’ve seen it many, many times. The music is also great. And, though I am a big fan of Tim Burton in general, this movie is almost like a breath of fresh air coming from him, but still has his signature style. I will never get sick of watching it.

I’m a grown-up who still likes Fairy Tales! =D

I agree on several levels with that film. But men dont cry, so I do not cry on that movie..

(read: I bite my cheek and think about ridiculous things to keep the waterworks from starting on the big scene at the end)
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Fight Club and Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind
  • cehall422
    cehall422 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    These are all great picks! For me it's a toss up between Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, and They Royal Tenenbaums. But let's be real, there are too many to choose from!
    I love Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones because they are fun movies that can honestly be watched anytime. I mean who doesn't like to watch people interact with dinosaurs or fight nazis? And The Royal Tenenbaums is hilarious! It was also the first Wes Anderson movie I watched and got me into his work.
  • christopherfkohler
    Options
    I've always had a soft spot for Cinema Paradiso since I used to work as a projectionist.