Hi Sleever's

Options
Beginning the process for surgery. Was told about this site by the hospital dietitian. Looking forward to my journey. How is yours going? Are you happy you had the sleeve?
Michele

Replies

• mezahluna
    mezahluna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I found this site on my own, but will tell my Dietician at Metro Health. I am set for Sleeve Surgery on April 16th, 2012. I am excited.
  • SkinnyJohn83
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve surgery on Monday, March 19, 2012 at 7:00AM. I have lost 22.1 lbs so far!! Stay motivated and you will do fine... Connect with me! I would love to know of your success!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm 3.5 years out and I'm very happy I have the sleeve. I feel like a normal person for the most part. The only difference is that I can't choose to gorge myself. One bite too many and it's all over! But I don't have to worry about eating something that agreed with me one day but doesn't the next like people with bypass do. And I can eat whatever I want to eat so it's me making good choices when I want to and bad choices when I want to not my stomach dictating to me what I can and can't eat.
  • charlotte12660
    Options
    I had my surgery on December 12, 2011 and am down 74lbs feeling so good and loving my sleeve more each day. I eat what I want when I want. The first few weeks were the hardest with all liquids and then the mushy foods. It is all worth it though.
  • ch48
    ch48 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had the sleeve surgery Feb. 13, 2012. I have lost 24 lbs.. I am having very few problems and can eat most of the food I have tried.
  • sweetlove83
    Options
    ihad my sleve 25 feb and ilostabout 27 pound tell now iam ok but some times iwake up feell so weak iam taking my med but still not ok
  • panthrg1rl
    panthrg1rl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got the sleeve on Monday March 5th. I've lost 23 pounds since the surgery. I agree that it was the best choice for me. I don't think recovery was too bad. Your body has to adjust not only to the surgery itself but also the fact that you'll be consuming significantly fewer calories. Be prepared to feel tired, weak, nauseous, etc. the first couple weeks. I think this week was a turn for the good for me. My energy level is back because I've now gotten on a decent schedule for maintaining my protein intake (minimum 2 shakes a day) and taking my B12 supplement.

Good luck with your surgery!
  • set2sin
    set2sin Posts: 9
    Options
    I guess I am an old timer, I had a sleeve with the intestinal bypass like 9 years ago. December 13 2002. It was a Friday. I have lost about 150 pounds. I started at 256 just before surgery but was 270 at my highest weight. I picked a weight to get to after the surgery and got there in about a year and a half. I now weigh 125 and allow 5 pounds in either direction before I readjust my diet. Right now I am just fussing with that + five pounds and need to get a little below my target so I will have wiggle room!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Losinladyb
    Options
    Hi, I was sleeved on 3/27/12. Now starting puréed foods. Each day has been different for me. So far, today is good.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP end of Jan of this year. I started the process of weight loss surgery mid Jan of 2012 and working towards a surgery date. I have gotten the ok from the Psych., Physical Therapist. I am sure my Nut. would sign off too since everytime I see her she says I am doing great and I bring in a week of MFP logs for her to look at and record. My local Bariatic program has a team approach and all members of the team have to approve you are ready for surgery before you get a surgery date and send your insurance paperwork in to be pre approved. They review cases every 2 weeks so I am hoping to hear the end of this month that I am getting a surgery date. Will have the sleeve done. Would like the surgery to be in July so I can take vacation time from work when it is slower at work.
    I have been overweight all my life, I weighed over 11 pounds when I was born! I joined Weight Watchers at the age of 10 I think! I have never been at my correct weight. I wish I would have done this before being 48 years old. Even though overweight I am pretty active but lately my knees have been bothering me alot to the point my left knee needs a knee replacement but my knee dr told me I am too young for it so I am hoping the WLS will help me loose the weight and keep it off for good this time!

Glad I found this group!
    I have lost 28 pounds using MFP to take my food intake, exercise and water.
    Pam
  • charlotte12660
    Options
    I was sleeved Dec 12, 2011 and so far I have lost 78lbs and am LOVING it. I started this journey at 341lbs at time of surgery I was 337lbs and today I am at 259lbs my goal is 160lbs.

Each person losses at different rates it is all about your body.

The most important thing to remember during this journey is that you are doing this for you. It is so you can be healthy, happy, and alive.

There will be some rough times but you can get through them with the help of everyone here and on the site The Vertical Sleeve Talk. We have all been through it and are there for you.

God speed on finding out your surgery date and welcome to the group.
  • pollyowl
    pollyowl Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I had my sleeve on march 30 so I am just 4 weeks in. It's the best thing I have ever done for myself. The biggest pain I have had is coping with the wind! I was bought up in the way that ladies don't burp or fart, I know have my family cheering me if I manage either one! Food is still very important to me but now I am very selective what I eat as I can eat so little.
  • leamarieb1
    leamarieb1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lea. I was sleeved on 4/3/12 and am still on soft foods, but very happy with the sleeve so far. I ate out for the first time yesterday at a local restaurant ("The Meat Pit" of all things - my hubby works there, and it smells sooooo good). I had about 5 grilled shrimp with a small bite of cheddar grits and few bits salmon from an appetizer. Even had the teeniest bite of his cheesecake. I wanted more but didn't want to tempt a revolt in my stomach, so I decided I was quite satisfied with what I had. My biggest issue is the head hunger, especially when I am bored, but right now my sleeve pretty much takes away any possibility of overeating, and I'm sticking to 4 small meals a day with no snacking. I'm down 16 lbs since surgery so far, which is fantastic for me!
  • OCMomof2
    OCMomof2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's been a long (6 month) journey for me but my sleeve is scheduled for May 17th. I can't wait to have it done and move forward with my new and improved life!
  • phatdivabbw
    phatdivabbw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My Surgery is May 17th too! Good Luck!
  • boltsfan704
    boltsfan704 Posts: 30
    Options
    Mine is May 29th.
  • JaimieLynne2519
    Options
    Hi everyone! I had my surgery done on April 10, 2012 and so far I have lost 21 lbs. I'm exploring more foods everyday and feeling great. I've been feeling a little disappointed in myself for only having lost 21 lbs. For some reason, I've felt that I should be further along but after reading everyone else's posts and seeing that I am right on target, I am more motivated and satisfied! Thank you all!
  • ladyt63
    ladyt63 Posts: 4
    Options
    I had my sleeve on April 13, 2012. My Starting weight was 266...I am down 34lbs. I still struggle with some foods and occasionally bring foods up. I exercise at least 30mins a day on treadmill and weights. My husband is a great supporter he works out with me and eats the same foods and is down 14lbs without the surgery. I cannot eat chicken prepared in any form..hopefully as time goes on because I love chicken. I still feel hungry at times but I snack on grapes/watermelon. Today I tried a low calorie skinny cow fudge bar it was delicious.
  • vmudgett
    vmudgett Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you who have scheduled your surgeries! I had mine in December. I am doing well, although I had some complications at first. I am very happy with my decision. I just had to learn to eat slower and chew more thoroughly. I also need to kick the exercise into gear. I am glad to be part of this forum!
  • tmhenninger
    tmhenninger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Sleever's I am scheduled for my sleeve on June 5,2012. I my highest weight was 265lbs, I am 5'1". My current weight is 230lbs. Is there anything anyone would like to share about their experience that could be helpful to someone going in?