Have I become an "Annoying Health Nut"

Options
Ksumare
Ksumare Posts: 62 Member
I am afraid that I am becoming an annoying health nut. I am so caught up in my weight, health, diet, and exercise that it has managed to become a part of every conversation. My husand told me yesterday that just because I was making these drastic life changes that I needed to watch the pressure and expectations I was putting on others around me to do the same. I guess I have been bugging him lately about getting back in the gym and nudging my sisters to meet up with me at the gym. I didn't realize how much this is now consuming me. How do I stay motivated and excited about my healthy lifestyle but not annoy everyone around me in the process. I can like see it on even my biggest supporter's faces now, they know they are either going to here about how many calories I burned at the gym that day or how many total pounds I have lost; and they are completely over it! Have I really become one of those people I used to despise?? How do you all manage excitement vs. Pure annoyance.

This is why I thank God for you group of ladies. This is OUR place to be excited, motivated, and annoyingly obsessive about our weight and health. Thank you for listening.

Replies

• editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Krissyn,
    I would say it is similar to (yet far less important than) spiritual fitness.

We as Christians are EXCITED about JesusJesusJesus!!! But our excitement is expressed to a greater degree when we are A) alone with Him, B) with like-minded believers, and C) with those who are interested, but have not begun their journey with the Lord. I tell people about Jesus and what He has done for me and others every chance I get! BUT, I also sense in my spirit when I need to just BE CHRISTLIKE and give Him glory without an excited sermon about how He Loves me and saved me and changed me and........!

We as Fitnesstians are EXCITED about what Jesus has done in our focus on fitness. But our excitement is expressed to a greater degree when we are A) discussing fitness with Him, B) discussing it with like-minded people like MFPals, and C) with people who are genuinely interested in our new focus on running shoes and quinoa & spaghetti squash, and dumbells for the 30 Day Shred, but who have not started their fitness plan. I tell people about how Jesus pointed me to HERE wherever that is right now every chance I get, BUT I also know THEY might have something different to discuss and may not be ready for too much of my new 'thing'. Then I figure I just need to BE FIT and give Him the glory without an excited sermon on the New Rules For Women Who Lift Weights and how its changing my shape and.......!

Now about running shoes..................?

(Hubby probably wants to talk about the weather sometimes, right? haha)

Donna
  • TiredandReadyForLoss
    TiredandReadyForLoss Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @ Krissyn,

Yes, I feel the same way. I try not to bring it up at all. If someone asks what I am doing, I tell them. I also explain that it isn't easy, but I trying to make better choices, exercise, etc. I had my family over for a small b-day party yesterday for my youngest one. A few people told me that I looked good and I said "thanks, I am working hard to feel better." If they wanted to hear more, they asked more questions, if I didn't hear any questions, I kept silent. (So hard for me to do!! *LOL*)

My husband is my biggest fan so he will tell me how proud he is and how he knows how hard I work. (Last week I lost nothing....ZERO....not an ounce!) but I kept on the path and I needed to realize that I may go down, go up, or stay the same, but I can't allow my emotions or getting caught on the moment ruin my long term goals.

I guess it's still fresh in my mind how my mom would say, "Ya know, my friend so and so in on weight watchers and she lost X amount of pounds....you should try that!" She wasn't being malicious, she just knew I wanted to shred the weight and was trying to encourage me. I wasn't ready, but now I am and I am doing it, the way of my Jesus. I knew I had to give it to Him and take up my cross every day and lay it at His feet. We will encourage you...listen to you...and tell you....FABULOUS job girl!!! You are a maniac on that Elliptical!!!!!! =0)

P.S. I agree with Donna too....great point of reference Nonnalynn!

Staying on the path with you....
    Kim :)