Need some accountability buddies on my quest to lose 50lbs.

Options
daniat
daniat Posts: 123 Member
Hi Everyone,
I just found this grip and really like the engery. I have resolved to lose the extra 50 plus lbs that. I have gained over the past 12 years. My metabolism has come to a what appears to be a screeching halt in the pas few years. I am looking for pals so we can support each other when the s ale does not seem to correspond with our efforts.

I have accepted that it might indeed take me up to a year, eve with doing everything right!

Replies

• watermank
    watermank Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oh hell. I know just what your saying. I keep trying and it's like i'm stuck and the scale won't budge.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've realized that it's not as important how fast I lose it as it is to keep it off. I've gained and lost the same 50 pounds many times until last year I gained 70!! :grumble: That's what got me off my butt and focused. MFP is a great forum for support.

You can do this!! You've taken the first step.
  • daniat
    Options
    Watermank

It's frustrating isn't it? In my 20's and even early to mid 30's it was so easy. Now I realise that I need to seriously count calories and a lot of exercise.
  • daniat
    Options
    I've realized that it's not as important how fast I lose it as it is to keep it off. I've gained and lost the same 50 pounds many times until last year I gained 70!! :grumble: That's what got me off my butt and focused. MFP is a great forum for support.

You can do this!! You've taken the first step.

Thanks so much for this! Your words are very inspirational. I have finally resolved to give up on the quick fiixes which only lead to me losing 10-15 lbs getting depressed and regaining 20 :-(

This week for the first time I did not regain over the weekend. I relaxed a bit, but still kept within my guidelines.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thanks so much for this! Your words are very inspirational. I have finally resolved to give up on the quick fiixes which only lead to me losing 10-15 lbs getting depressed and regaining 20 :-(

This week for the first time I did not regain over the weekend. I relaxed a bit, but still kept within my guidelines.
    [/quote]

Good for you!! Everyone says this is a lifestyle change... I prefer to think of it as an attitude adjustment. I'm not really changing as much as making adjustments in the portion and frequency of certain foods I eat. I've hit a few plateaus along the way but I've never gained back any of the weight I'vbe been losing... and trust me I ate a lot of bad stuff in November and December but by managing the portion and frequency I was able to maintain. :smokin:

You're finding what works for you and that's so empowering!! You are gaining a better understanding of yourself and improving your life. Be very proud of that!! :flowerforyou:
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just found this post and boy does a lot of this sound familiar. I want to lose a least 70 pounds and I know it is not going to fall off overnight, but at age 45, it seems like it doesn't want to come off at all. So, here I am, trying MFP. I truly believe a snail's metabolism is turbo charged compared to mine. So, if anyone has any suggestions that might help, I'm all for it.
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just found this grip and really like the engery. I have resolved to lose the extra 50 plus lbs that. I have gained over the past 12 years. My metabolism has come to a what appears to be a screeching halt in the pas few years. I am looking for pals so we can support each other when the s ale does not seem to correspond with our efforts.

I have accepted that it might indeed take me up to a year, eve with doing everything right!

Hello & Welcome,
    I am in the same boat, since hitting my 40's the metabolism has slowed down tremendously ! I am realizing that isn't about the numbers as much as feeling happy & healthy. The scale will move when we move more !!
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are all so right...I need to lose 60 pds and I feel it is taking forever. I remember in my 20's I could easily lose 10 pds in a week or two but now losing 10 pds is such a struggle. I use to get on the scale everyday and about a year I realized that I was probably sabotaging my weight lose efforts and I needed to accept that weight was just not going to come off that easily. I also realized that it was more important to change my bad habits and start concetrating on eat healthier and making better decision about food.