Week 1 DONE!

Options
BaileyBoo13524
BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
Finished my first week of Insanity today and I am feeling so accomplished :) it has been challenging, but even in this one week I can feel my endurance improving and don't need to take as many breaks! How'd everyone else do with the first week? How are we feeling ya'll?!

Replies

• wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This week has been great! Very challenging, but I, too, can tell a difference from Monday to Friday. Today was my 'rest' day so I went for a hike. I could definitely tell a difference in my endurance, and I felt there was more power coming from my core. I am excited to get back into it tomorrow. I think it might actually go by quickly!
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It does feel good doesn't it?! I totally saw a change from last Tue Cardio Power & Resistance and this morning's. Last week it was such a struggle, still hard today but I could keep up more. Have a great week everyone! Fit Test next week. WhooHoo!!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hi - I finished week one today also. I feel good! I was able to get through the entire warm-up without stopping. Very proud of myself.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    All in all I think Week One went pretty well for me.

My thoughts:
    1) I can't keep up with the Plyo Cardio Circuit as well as I wish I could; I feel like I'm not getting a great workout because it's so hard that I need to modify things a lot. I guess that might just be me being hard on myself, though -- now that I type it out, it sounds kinda crazy. :P For the pushups/running in plank/up/down/repeat drill, followed by the ski jump plank drill, followed by the in/out plank drill, I feel like I'm just crouching on the ground gasping for air and occasionally trying to do one or two really weak pushups. Has anyone else found a good modification for this? Last time I did 2 or 3 pushups on my knees to "running plank" back and forth, and then did the plyo plank stuff at about one-quarter speed, and it still DESTROYED me.

2) I definitely dread these workouts a lot more than I did with 30DS. Sometimes I actually looked forward to a 30DS workout, but I think because of the length of these, I never want to do them. I hope this changes as I improve!

3) I liked having a scheduled rest day, because I ended up missing my Saturday workout (I accidentally fell asleep early in the evening, and slept 15 hours -- I needed it!), and did it yesterday instead. I don't think there's any way I would double up an Insanity workout, so it's nice to be able to stay on track when I accidentally miss a day.

4) I am on maintenance calories right now, and I lost 2 pounds this week, my BF% went down, and I lost half an inch on my waist! I've bumped up my calories a bit more, since I'm not trying to lose weight right now. Yay food!

5) I'm loving using the group tracking sheet, and if you want to get in on it, it's never too late to join! (Note that there are additional sheets for recording Fit Test results and measurements, too.) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amajb5ZlIV-udGZjSmtoWmFuRkluenRDODh3akQ3Mnc#gid=3 Thanks to everyone who's using it with me! :flowerforyou:

Good luck on Week Two!
  • buenita
    buenita Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I only missed one day (Saturday), was unable to make it up on Sunday. :( Won't have that problem this week. I do feel that I can get through the workouts better already, but still having a hard time. I'm also walking in the afternoon. Love the sheet and being in a group. :)
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I am totally off schedule with Insanity because it has just been too hot here at Disney and I don't want to add Insanity on top of my park touring and risk dehydration. It's supposed to rain and be cooler this evening so I might be able to start getting back on track. I am not one to miss a workout and I really enjoy these Insanity workouts.

I have to modify the pushups and planks, I'm simply still too heavy to hold myself up in the proper full position. I use a weight bench or coffee table to put my hands on that to do them. This lessens the resistance but keeps you in the right body position to actually get the movements done.
  • billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    I am loving Insanity! It makes me feel so strong when I push through them-it's tough though! I tried 30DS in the past and didn't really like it, even though Insanity definitely is harder. I think it really helps that I am eating super healthy. I've never felt so good in my life, or had more energy, and I think it's a combination of the exercise but also the healthy eating. Not that I ate too horrible before, but now I am following the basic suggestion of what and how much to eat that Insanity suggests and it has been so helpful.
  • jamkat
    Options
    Is it wrong that all I could think of during Pure Cardio today was turkey bacon? :laugh:
  • jamkat
    Options
    i am so bummed out today! I went out to dinner with my husband last night and fell hard on my left knee! :sad:
    What a clumsy idiot! My knee started swelling within seconds and it's still all swollen and black and blue now. I was all set to hit Plyo this morning before work. Obvoisly that didn't happen. Can't even remember the last time I fell, let alone in public! When I got up I did my best Olympic dismount pose and got some applause. But all I could think of was "AAARRGGHH!!! This is going to screw up Insanity!!"
    I'm going to see how I feel in the morning. Since it's just Cardio Recovery I may give it a try. But I seem to remember it's a lot of squats so I don't know.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i am so bummed out today! I went out to dinner with my husband last night and fell hard on my left knee! :sad:
    What a clumsy idiot! My knee started swelling within seconds and it's still all swollen and black and blue now. I was all set to hit Plyo this morning before work. Obvoisly that didn't happen. Can't even remember the last time I fell, let alone in public! When I got up I did my best Olympic dismount pose and got some applause. But all I could think of was "AAARRGGHH!!! This is going to screw up Insanity!!"
    I'm going to see how I feel in the morning. Since it's just Cardio Recovery I may give it a try. But I seem to remember it's a lot of squats so I don't know.

Oh no! I hope it heals up quickly! Did you put some ice on it? Take it easy with the squats -- best to lay off of the knee-stressing exercises for a few days than injure it further and be laid up for a month!
  • jamkat
    Options
    Thanks! Yes I've been icing my knee. I decided to sleep in rather than push it with more exercising this morning. i think I'll be good to go tommorow. I hope so anyway! I'm missing my Shaun T!!!
  • billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    jamkat-Ouch! I hope you heal quickly! Don't overdo it if you do exercise tomorrow.