How will you celebrate reaching a milestone?

Options
Florawanda
Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
I'm not far off breaking the 14stone barrier (196 lbs), and then will be back to the weight I was 10 years ago! So I am NOT going to celebrate with food, but will book tickets for our local Chichester Festival Theatre.

Replies

• Jenn609
    Jenn609 Posts: 6
    Options
    I will NOT reward myself with food! I know I want to book a massage for myself as a reward for reaching a certain number or for dropping a certain number of pounds. I'll probably also celebrate by buying a new shirt or smaller pants or a cute summer dress...
  • penelope05
    Options
    I actually do a couple things to reward myself. One is just something I saw on a blog that lets me see the weight I've lost in a way that isn't on a scale. I bought two glass jars and put pounds lost on one and pounds to go on the other. I filled the pounds to go jar up with 90 marbles(pounds I need to lose)and also large jems to represent every ten pounds I lose. So as I lose I move them to the pounds lost jar and hopefully will have them all moved eventually. Just a kind of visual reminder. The other thing I do is for every pound lost I put $10 in a savings jar and when I reached my goal I will go shopping. Sounds like a lot of money but by the time I reach my goal I'll need a whole new closet-full of clothes. And I will enjoy shopping for those instead of dreading it.
  • Florawanda
    Options
    I love your idea of a massage, Jenn, and Penelope's visual jar of marbles - I remember seeing that post - and the $10 towards a new wardrobe. I think when I had a houseful of children, the greatest thing was to just go off somewhere by myself... which didn't cost anything, except persuading one's DH to be in charge of the children for a bit.
  • terry_mtb
    terry_mtb Posts: 45
    Options
    Greast thought PENNY!
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've still got a ways to go until my first goal, but I am rewarding myself with a photo shoot! I have several great photogs come into my store for props, and I know that I would love to take some cute pics with my husband. It was something I was putting off, but now I will make it an official reward! Thanks for the idea!
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I will reward myself with a massage and facial as soon as I lose 30 lbs. Maybe by July if I work very hard
  • Florawanda
    Options
    Like the idea of a facial, Tina, and Backtobasics, surely you have reached a goal with 70 lbs lost... I did a chart, and each little step I consider a mini-goal, passing the stone or half-stone (UK 1 stone = 14 lbs), going down to the next set of ten, 1/4 way to goal, etc, %age of total bodyweight lost - I'm heading towards the 15% mark at the moment! And even if the reward is a lovely long lazy bath with candles... or 2 hours off from the children... I think you deserve these rewards especially if it gets your SO to appreciate how well you're doing!!
    Cheers,and well done everyone,
    Faith
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Backtobasics, surely you have reached a goal with 70 lbs lost...
    I wish! I actually switched my ticker to show how many I have left to go. ( I lost 4 lbs since joining 12 days ago) My photo is me at my heaviest, and the ticker is me at my goal(I'm going to get back there) I think I will go roller blading or something after 10 lbs.

15% is awesome! I liked this idea of making non-food goals. I think I will make up my list today. Thanks for the idea!
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My first milestone is 199ibs, and when I reach it, I will not celebrate with food either., perhaps go bowling or something! My next milestone is 170, and when I reach that, I would like to buy an expensive flat iron. Then finally my goal is 140, and when I reach that I plan on buying new clothes, pajamas, and shoes!!
  • Florawanda
    Options
    Bowling is a great idea as that is exercise, too! And could be a good family thing to do... get everyone cheering you on!