Feeling a little dispondent!!

Options
tashalizzie
tashalizzie Posts: 18 Member
Been logging my food for the last few days - every mouthful!!

I know I need to give it time, but scales have not shifted at all. I've also been to the gym with a hard training session on sunday, a good walk out with the kids an hubby yesterday - but still not a flicker of movement.

My official weigh day is not until thursday morning, and hopefully something will have happened by then. Also I have another session at the gym tomorrow.

Can it sometimes take a while to show?? I've been dieting on and off for all of my adult life.

Guess I just need to hang in there and not let this allow me to thinl 'what the h*ll might as well eat what I want.
Just wanted to grumble!!! xx

Replies

• M155AUS
    M155AUS Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Dont' be dispondent. It will take your body a little while to adjust. Someone once told me, you don't tend to lose weight (the healthy) way from the week of, it's usually the week before. So, you may be in for a nice treat next week.

I have found that people don't notice any weight loss from you until you reach the almost 1 stone mark. But I also don't feel it until I have lost around 0.5 stone, so just keep with it, it will make a difference.

Good luck, hope you stick with it.
  • tashalizzie
    tashalizzie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I'm going to stick with it. I really need to lose this weight. So hopefully next week I'll get a great suprise as you have said. :smile:
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly like me this week I have lost weight but next week (after the weekend I just had) I will either be the same or put on! It always seems to be a little delayed for me so maybe thats what it is for you.

Dont feel dispondent, it will be fine. xx
  • SweetSapphire
    SweetSapphire Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I worked out 4 times last week and logged my calories. I lost a pound and felt cheated. However, I got the tape measure out and in two weeks I have lost half an inch off my waist and hips. Have your been doing quite a bit of strength training? This does generate muscle growth and that can affect your weight either staying the same or increasing initially. I can see a difference in my shape so stick with it. I know how you feel and I am trying to get the balance right myself. I need to do the strength training so I will have to accept that the scales will show slower progress than the inch loss.
  • Slimwithin0408
    Slimwithin0408 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello :-) please don't feel disponadant and definitely stick to it....I have that regularly then a big loss then 1/2lb etc it never seems to make sense for me but I have lost 5 stone 9lb so far with the scales playing tricks on me like that (unfortunately doesn't work the other way lol.....as soon as I cheat it shows lol!) good luck with your journey and hang in there!
  • christopherpm
    christopherpm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Do you drink your 8 glasses of water each day? I personally lose more by drinking the recommended amount of water...

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110225130511AAEZ2KT
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Try to avoid the scales till your weigh-day, losing 1lb a week is less than 65 grams a day - that won't register on most sets of scales.

You'll also notice change in your body, I haven't lost much weight over the last couple of weeks and I was starting to feel a bit like you until I noticed I was using a different hole in my belt buckle. It's more than just what the scales say.
  • kaylz0106
    kaylz0106 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The scales wont always show your progress especially if your working out a lot too drink as much water as you can possibly fit into your day (I've just replaced my last non water drink with water today....bye bye coffee). Make sure your calories are spot on for what you want to lose as well and try other methods for logging your progress, pictures and measurements are my go to when the scale doesnt budge!
  • desertedisland
    Options
    Hi! I agree with everything that everyone else has said...sometimes my scales show no weight loss but they do show a decrease in my total body fat (they're fancy scales!) but the measuring tape is a lot more motivating for me (especially when I loose a cm or two from my tummy from a bit of muscle toning).

Quite apart from the looking good aspect, think of all the other great things that working out is doing for your health!

Stick with it!

Jo

(This video by Doctor Mike Evans on the benefits of walking inspired me to buy a FitBit pedometer and sign up for myfitnesspal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo&feature=youtube_gdata_player )
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    Options
    Just keep telling yourself, this is it for life, there is no option but to keep chisseling away at it. I've been doing that now for just over 2 yrs, its does come off.

Let me tell you, I am going through the mental pause LOL and I bleed on and off [sorry guys] for 6 weeks, really put my body and healthy eating to a stretch as I felt tired, lathargic, fed up, cravings, wanted to join the 'soddit' club, But I never, I kept at it, then I read about carbs holding water, so I stuck to my carb ratio on here and didn't go over, I lost the same 2lb every other week, up 2 down 2!! then last week I lost a whooping 6lb! I still have a cheshire cat grin on my face, so keep going, that's what I am trying to say xxxx no alternative. Make sure you have your little treats too or you won't stick at it. Make it feel like its not a DIET its a new you healthy eating plan xxx Add me if you would like, I don't know everything but need the support as much as you guys, I still have loads to loose x