Advice on Compression Sleeves

Options
DFWTT
DFWTT Posts: 374
I'm not having any real problems yet but my calves start getting finicky after about 8-9 miles. Briefly looking into this option if the need arises for longer runs and/or recovery efforts. Anyone with experience or advice as to brands, sizing, pricing etc? Also, how have they worked out for you? I'm in Texas so it's usually warmer with moderate humidity if that makes a difference

Replies

• cybershaz
    cybershaz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really like the Compress Sport sleeves. They're super light and have a nice fit. Lots of cool colours too. I use them for runs over about 15km.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post something about this. My calves also seem to tighten up around 8 or 9 miles. Someone recommended Zensah Compression sleeves. I may check them out.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    if you can, go to a running store as they do measure you and fit you appropriately. I have a pair of 2xu ones that are super tight like a biking sleeve and I rarely use those except for recovery. I have a pair of socks that I think are CEP and I love them. I have heard good things about Zensah as well.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    If you're using them strictly for running I'd go with socks personally. CEP are really good. I use 2XU calf sleeves for triathlons.
  • Jonathanfales
    Jonathanfales Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used david brand for shin splints while switching to a forefoot/ midfoot strike and they really helped. Once my form was corrected I never had another problem no matter the distance.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will be going to my local running store this weekend and checking some out, socks and sleeves and to get fitted properly. I like the idea of minimizing my shoe build with these, currently in a Glyceryn 9 and love it but want less. I'll pick something up and see how they help on my 12 for next week before my half. Thanks again.