Weight loss with Zumba

Options
capricorn0120
capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
Hi,

Has anyone actually lost any weight doing Zumba either with Wii or in a class?

Replies

• andreaisme
    andreaisme Posts: 43
    Options
    I've been going to 60 minute Zumba classes 2-3 times a week since February. For the first couple of weeks I actually gained a couple pounds mostly due to water retention around my muscles.

I have since lost a few pounds, but even better my stomach and hips have diminished in size with all the those great Zumba and dance moves.

For me Zumba is not only about the exercise (carodio and toning) and a means to lose weight. It has been a good outlet for me to let loose and have fun while finding new flexibility in my body, but also gain awareness in my sexiness as a woman no matter what size I'm at.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs on Zumba, but 4 dress sizes, if that helps. It's not about the pounds, but about the inches. I have strong, defined abs and shapely hips for the first time in my life, and nice shapely arms too.
  • MrsMMeyer
    MrsMMeyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started dieting in Jan. 2011 and gave up for a little while. My cousin and I started Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii on Jan. 30th I started out at 238 and I have lost 16 pounds. My cousin started out at 208 pounds and she has lost 20 pounds. I can feel a big difference in my body. I can feel all kinds of new muscles. I love it.
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies.

I find that it helps me relieve stress. It is a lot of fun. It's my favorite form of exercise. I do some strength training too but don't like it much.
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 lbs and two sizes with Zumba. I go to live classes and I also do it on the Wii. :)