Progress Pic :D

Options
Cmonnowguys
Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
The ladies here on MFP were the reason I started lifting a little over a month ago.
Here are a couple of my "during" pics. All of March I did a combo of running, Zumba and calisthenics using 7lb weights. My weight was 168.4 with close to 34% body fat. In a month I lost 6 lbs, but my body fat was still at 33%. I decided to cut back on cardio (elliptical or light running twice a week) and started the Stronglifts 5x5 power lifting program. Since then I have only lost another 3 lbs, but my body fat is now at 28%. Not to mention, I am much stronger. Here are my current stats:
Squats - 115 lb
Bench - 85 lb
Pendlay rows - 90 lb
Overhead press - 70 lb
Dead lift - 145 lb

I still have a long way to go, but hopefully my progress so far will also motivate someone to pic up some weights! :)

inze36.jpg
[/img]

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!!! You look fantastic.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look awesome.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You're progress is great! Thanks for sharing.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You look great, another weight lifting success story ! :D
  • IzzieLee
    IzzieLee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those are amazing results. You should be very proud!!
  • Aineko
    Aineko Posts: 163
    Options
    That's just amazing transformation!
    If I may ask, what was your diet during this time, where you eating at a deficit?
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    That's just amazing transformation!
    If I may ask, what was your diet during this time, where you eating at a deficit?

Thank you!

My first month I was netting around 1200. Once I started lifting I upped it to 1400 and recently to 1600. Depending on the workout I do, I net anywhere between 1500-2200 and I try to hit my macros of 30protein/25fat/45carbs. I've stayed at 158 for two weeks, since upping my cals, but I expect for it to go down more once my body adjusts.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    The ladies here on MFP were the reason I started lifting a little over a month ago.
    Here are a couple of my "during" pics. All of March I did a combo of running, Zumba and calisthenics using 7lb weights. My weight was 168.4 with close to 34% body fat. In a month I lost 6 lbs, but my body fat was still at 33%. I decided to cut back on cardio (elliptical or light running twice a week) and started the Stronglifts 5x5 power lifting program. Since then I have only lost another 3 lbs, but my body fat is now at 28%. Not to mention, I am much stronger. Here are my current stats:
    Squats - 115 lb
    Bench - 85 lb
    Pendlay rows - 90 lb
    Overhead press - 70 lb
    Dead lift - 145 lb

I still have a long way to go, but hopefully my progress so far will also motivate someone to pic up some weights! :)

inze36.jpg
    [/img]

Wow, well you sure motivated me! You look amazing!! I have the New Rules of Lifting for Women book but this seems so much more straightforward!

Thanks for sharing your inspirational photos!
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • arock1000
    arock1000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! It's great to know I don't have to weigh 115lbs to look good in a bikini - makes my goal weight not seem soooooo far away just sooo far away :)
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    You look awesome! It's great to know I don't have to weigh 115lbs to look good in a bikini - makes my goal weight not seem soooooo far away just sooo far away :)

I know what you mean! I was worried I wouldn't be able to wear it until the 130s, but I'm feeling more confident now. :)

You can do it!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    wow wow!! your progress is so inspiring!! i'm starting SL this week. congrats on your success!!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Great job! Hard work paying off, right there.
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you. Keep up the good work. Love seeing progress pics on here.

Eat healthy and be strong.:smile:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Fabulous progress. Can't wait to start seeing body re-comp on my frame ;)