May Challenge, Week 2: 5/7-5/13

Options
Alright ladies, I hope we all did well sticking to our mini-challenge this weekend. I know that I managed my eating very well despite my daughter's birthday party and all of our family visiting and did not use either of these things as an excuse to binge. Funny story, though, I'm sure the fact that we randomly lost power for over 3.5 hours during her party probably helped! I lose my appetite while nervous and was so hot I could barely make myself eat!

Anyway, what shall we plan for this week? I suggest setting a calorie-loss goal and aiming for it. This week, I'm pledging to lose 2 pounds. So:

SW: 170
By 5/13: 168

Feel free to go along with this challenge or propose your own :) Let's go hot mamas!

Replies

• klv22kath
    klv22kath Posts: 28
    Options
    Did not weigh myself so don't have a starting weight (have not weighed in a bit). So, my mini goal is to do cardio in the morning again this week for 4 out of the 5 days and to do some form of excercise at least 2x at night this week. So far, I started out well and have one morning cardio under my belt!
    Back on track!

:angry: (Not angry - just focused! lol)
  • K_Pow
    K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For the first time in a looooooooooooong time I actually stayed on track this weekend and I owe a lot of it to this group. So THANK YOU!!

I worked out each day and ate back my activity calories but I'm cool with that. I ate junk but still stayed under my calorie goal. This is a HUGE accomplishment for me!!

This week my goal is to get back on track with my activity....try to do something every day and only eat back half my activity calories.

I hope everyone was successful with their weekends....keep it going!!
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm having knee pain so will be resting it for the next few days. Since I'm not excercising as much, I definitely need to focus heavily on nutrition and calorie goal. My goal is to track and stay under my calorie goal. I also want to focus on good nutrition, 8 fruit/veggie servings per day, and no snacking (especially sweets) after dinner.
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My goal is to cut my allotted calories by 500 per day AND to workout every single day this week.

Monday: Body Combat and Muscle pump
    Tuesday: Body Attack
    Wednesday: Body Combat
    Thursday: Muscle Pump
    Friday: Zumba
    Saturday: Muscle Pump (AM) and Birkram Yoga (PM)
    Sunday: Body Combat

Since I have done bad for the last weekend (I was depressed over my exhusband having a girlfriend now who is 12 and she met our children, so instead of me putting on my sexy dress - I have put on 10 pounds in three effing days). I ate everything! So, it's Monday and I'm sick and bloated and the fact remains we are still divorced and he's still with the 12 year old! I only hurted myself! I learned from it. So it's time to pick myself up and work it out! His face will be the focal point of my jabs tonight! :happy: :happy:

In addition, I plan to sit in the sauna for 10 minutes after each workout this week. I'm currently at work with 3 cups of 16oz size cups and a cup of hot green tea to flush my system!

Good luck with everyone's challenge. May the best DIVA win! :-)

Melissa
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    I did ok over the weekend! Didnt do great at the party but that was because I hadnt ate anything that whole day till I got there I was starving!!!! I was just so busy I didnt have time to eat but My goal is going to be to cook dinner and eat healthy!! Ive been eating out alot and thats not healthy!
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    Well I failed my goal today! Its only Tuesday!!! But I did try! I cooked dinner and my hunny took one bite and looked at me and said order a pizza lol! Im not a good cook but I am trying to learn for us and the kids lol! Today was a total bust but I made a lasgna for tomorrow so we will be back on track!
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Had a good day yesterday. Ate well and minimized snacking.

tabatha check out http://5dinners1hour.blogspot.com/. I have a subscription and I love it. It is a weekly menu with recipes and shopping lists. All the recipes are super easy and can be modified to fit your tastes/needs.
  • klv22kath
    klv22kath Posts: 28
    Options
    Doing ok so far but not great at mid week point! I did my morning cardio Monday and Tuesday but was tired and lacked motivation this morning. Have not done either of my two night workouts yet and I am running out of days!! Meals have been ok too. I have stayed within my calories for the most part, maybe slightly over but usually with good food choices and not junk. Plugging away. Need to get up tomorrow for sure and need to do something tonight and tomorrow night...ughh sounds horrible just typing it!:ohwell: