So what happens when your husband doesn't like a trend

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
you like? It took me years to finally like skinny jeans. Husband still hates them. I'll probably wear them anyway but boo on him.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend feels that way about my style sometimes too. He thinks I dress too much like a hippie xD

I say he will get used to it :D
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    He likes the yummies more. So, wear your trendy stuff proudly.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I am probably one of the strangest when it comes to dress, and my love is always laughing at me....but I could care less, it makes me happy, which in turn benefits him anyways♥
  • Pancua
    Pancua Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    He copes.

Unless we are going out for a special evening together, then I dress for him. Otherwise, I wear what makes me feel awesome.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    He copes.

Unless we are going out for a special evening together, then I dress for him. Otherwise, I wear what makes me feel awesome.

This is what I did. I was going to wear skinny jeans for my birthday date, but we don't get to go out often so I wore a dress.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I value my husband's opinion. I tend to go off the deep end dressing like 1961 if it weren't for him.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Sean doesn't like a lot of trendy stuff. I tell him that unless he feels I look really unflattering, to shut his pie hole and let me feel cute.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I value my husband's opinion. I tend to go off the deep end dressing like 1961 if it weren't for him.

But you look hot 1961
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    He gently makes fun of me. I love big platform shoes and he calls them my "frankenstein clompers"

I don't care, I laugh it off and wear what I like***.

***Unless he had a problem on the basis of modesty, in which case I would likely acquiesce to his wishes (because I would not want to make him feel uncomfortable). I dress pretty conservatively by my own choice, so this is almost never an issue.
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    George is pretty much on an even keel either way. He likes when I dress up, but he also isn't picky if I wear a tee shirt and jeans.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I can't comprehend a guy having an issue with tight jeans. :laugh:

My husband is completely oblivious to style. I kind of like it that way. My ex thought he was Henry Higgins and I was Eliza Doolittle. :ohwell:
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My SO/LP usually loves what I pick up - I end up dressing both of us!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend, surprisingly, loves everything I wear. He loves the trendy sleeves that are in now, that I've taken to buying a lot of (he calls them "geisha sleeves)...he doesn't care what kind of jeans I wear, but he definitely loves dresses, and surprisingly, he LOVES my make-up. I know a lot of men are big on the "natural" look or they prefer their women with no make-up, but mine doesn't care either way. I love being complimented on it, since I like to experiment with clothing and make-up. And like LorinaLynn said, I also can't comprehend a guy not liking tight jeans. :laugh: My boyfriend is actually frustrated that I bought a one-piece suit for our beach vacation next month instead of a bikini. But alas, I do not have a bikini body anymore, so a one-piece it is.

The only thing he ever complains about is my hair. He is one of those guys who prefers long hair on women with their natural color. I have a short black pixie cut. He deals with it. :tongue: He met me with short hair, asked me out with short hair, and fell in love with me with short hair. It can't bother him that much!
  • charityheckler
    charityheckler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Being a tomboy now having a girly girl daughter I am trying to learn how to be cute. I have spent most of my life not caring... And that's how I was when he fell in love with me... He can be happy with the perks that I am trying to dress more girly and take advatage of it when I do, or get use to the I don't care look again.

Now the bad part is my man knows a thing or two about fashion, because he has spent many years raising a girl on his own. But he will give me a hard time about things and then when I ask his opinion he won't really give me one or tell me he likes only to find out later that he didn't... So I will still attempt to feel cute on my end and maintain an I don't care whether he likes it or not attitude...
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My hub hates ruffles, lace--anything embellished. Lucky for him, I'm more of a tailored kind of girl (I look like a milkmaid in the ruffles everyone else looks so cute in). But the few things I have that I like and he hates...I tend to wear to work and not when we're together. To be fair, he doesn't wear the clothes I don't like much either. So it works out.