I'm so excited!

Options
It's great to have a place to yack with other women riders!
Thanks for opening the group!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• greeneyes191
    greeneyes191 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    No problem, I was surprised to see how many of us there are.
    Whatever blows your hair back!!!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:
    Lovely to have a group for that as I don´t have a single female bikerfriend here.
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I know one girl who can ride, but doesn't. So, I have no girl friends who ride either. My whole family has bikes. My mom just got an HD 883 Iron. My stepdad has a HD Softtail. My dad has an HD Dyna Wide Glide. And my brothers both have sportbikes, one has a Yamaha R1 and the oTher a Suzuki GSXR 1000. We are a biking family! Nice to meet you all.
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    Same here, love to ride but go mostly on my own unless my hubby happens to be in town - which isn't often in the summer.
    Where is everyone from?
    Anyone doing any events? - Sturgis, Daytona, Laconia, etc.
  • mamakira
    Options
    I am the only biker in the family. Not even my husband has a licence.
    I was surprised too about how many female bikers there are.

Are you all from the US? I live in Sweden.
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    Originally from Michigan - now in Indy (Indianapolis, Indiana)
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    I live outside Lexington, Kentucky.
    Only woman biker at work-that's kinda fun LOL
    Well, that I know of, anyhow.
    I dont have any biker girlfriends either.
    I was surprised how many of us there are too!
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    Same here. Only female biker at work. I got a funny half-a$$ed compliment on my birthday this year (turned 61). One of the young gals I work with told me that she hopes she's as cool as me when she's my age - lol
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Same here. Only female biker at work. I got a funny half-a$$ed compliment on my birthday this year (turned 61). One of the young gals I work with told me that she hopes she's as cool as me when she's my age - lol

I hope I'm still riding at your age :flowerforyou: Awesome xx

I'm form Ipswich UK
  • mamakira
    Options

That is a great compliment!
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    That's incredible - and you look GREAT on your bike!!!
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm from Oklahoma.
  • tabngillysmom
    tabngillysmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is great to meet everyone and I am so happy to see so many women that ride. I really only have one friend that rides and she took the safety course with me so she is as inexperienced as I am. My 17 year old daughter also took the course with me but the only thing she has ever ridden are dirt bikes. I live in Paducah, KY (far western end of the state) and we have some great winding back roads in this area. I am SO looking forward to getting to know everyone and to benefit from everyone's experience.

Melissa

14154011.png
  • tabngillysmom
    tabngillysmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I think that is a great compliment!!
  • Fun4me2bFit
    Options
    52 yr young at heart biker here. Love riding the Blue Ridge Parkway int the NC mountains... I've riden on the back as a passenger for many years but got my license and bike 4 yrs ago. Love the HD Softail Heritage Classic... someday. Until then, love riding my Triumph Bonnieville in the mountain curves. Not a fan of heavy traffic and always look for the scenic back roads.

As far as why I'm on MFP, I track because I also do BB Les Mills Pump and Turbo Fire. I also just purchased a Fitbit that synches with MFP. Would like to lose another 10-15 lbs.

Feel free to add me.

Cheryl
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm in a biker family as well.........my husband, son, sister, her boyfriend, my brother, sister in law and numerous friends that all enjoy the wind. I hadn't rode in awhile and a couple of years ago my husband called me at work and asked if I would like for him to buy me a bike. Started off with a little rebel and the whole lot of us went and got our licenses together. My sister failed her test, so I talked her into buying a 250 and not to give up. She passed her test within 2 weeks of buying that bike. I sold my rebel and went straight for the 1100. Best decision I have ever made. My bike and I are one.....lol! I still get on the back with my husband now and again, but there is no better feeling that being in control.
  • ShadowriderNH
    Options
    I never knew there were this many woman riders on the site. I am super excited as well.

I have one friend who rides but she lives a state away.

We are going to Laconia bike week since we are about an hour away from it....I used to go when I lived in that area everyyear...Oh the stories I could tell you but this will be my first year on a bike. I am super excited.

In june we are taking a bike trip to Niagra falls..Super excited about that as well.

Now if the weather would get better.

All you ladies have great sceennames...I should change mine to something biker related. Any suggestions?
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Ha! she could only wish she would look as good as you:bigsmile:
  • mamakira
    Options
    We don´t have so many bikers activities here in Sweden, at least as long as you don´t join a Harleys Owner Group. But we have a huge event in summer," Wings and Wheels" in Gothenburg.
    Want to go there as I am also working on my pilote licence since a year for Ultralights B. It is bikes and airplanes, just my thing. :)
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    I never knew there were this many woman riders on the site. I am super excited as well.

I have one friend who rides but she lives a state away.

We are going to Laconia bike week since we are about an hour away from it....I used to go when I lived in that area everyyear...Oh the stories I could tell you but this will be my first year on a bike. I am super excited.

In june we are taking a bike trip to Niagra falls..Super excited about that as well.

Now if the weather would get better.

All you ladies have great sceennames...I should change mine to something biker related. Any suggestions?

My husband and I talked about going to Laconia. Unfortunately, his schedule doesn't often allow it. Maybe someday.