Insanity @ 1200 cal

Options
ems1583
ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
Hi everyone! Just wondern' if its okay to be doing Insanity at 1200 cal. I'm on my 4th week of Insanity, 2 weeks of 1400 daily cal goal. Before that I tried 1200, lost around 4-5 lbs, but then stopped losing. Thats why I upped my cal. I'm referring to 1200 net. I'm kinda worried of my metabolism "slowing down". My BMR 1360 (MFP) 1400+ (fat2fitradio).

Thanks!

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    At a minimum, I would suggest eating at least your bmr + a good portion of your exercise calories. It can take a while to find your weight loss sweet spot, but it's definitely worth the effort.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    At a minimum, I would suggest eating at least your bmr + a good portion of your exercise calories. It can take a while to find your weight loss sweet spot, but it's definitely worth the effort.

exactly! you don't want to be exhausted and not able to give the workouts your all!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Where do you find your BMR at?
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Where do you find your BMR at?

this is a great website for calculating it:

www.fat2fitradio.com/tools
  • cyndi2012
    cyndi2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

^ this!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    nope I would say NOT!
    and with your BMR being that, you should def. NEVER eat below your BMR.. Ugh sounds stupid right thats what I thought and im still learning but its true.. U need to eat ur BMR just to survive..

so, Def. eat your calories back.. and um, if u did the proper math that the Insanity Nutrition guide tells you to do for your body to figure out what and how much you need to eat yea it could easily be aroun1900 I know mine is.. and Im still working up to that..

Yea and your body will stop losing weight when it thinks u are starving it and or it will hold onto whatever weight your are trying to lose just for it thinking that...

GOOD LUCK..
  • Yeti1083
    Yeti1083 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been doing insanity at 1200 Cals(until last week) have now been slowing raising my calories and will up them to 1400 tomorrow. I can vouch for these people, I have stopped losing weight. but my body is still changing. My collarbone is more prominent and I am converting belly fat to something else, because it's just walking away. I'm now in the mind set of eating 1200 so it's hard to get those extra Cals in there without adding the "bad stuff". Am completely off fast foods and sodas and have been or quite some time now. Trying to eat tons of veggies and fruits is hard, they fill me up.

Anyway. I'm 5'6, starting weight 189.9
    Now at 175.6, and have lost 11 inches all over.

Love Shawn T!
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your posts guys! This week, I maintained my BMR at 1460, but I should get 500-600 of exercise cal without eating them back to have a deficit. Tuesday is my weigh-in day and then we'll see if it works. I feel hungry, esp at night, same feeling when I was doing 1200 back then, but atleast I'm consuming food at my BMR level.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your posts guys! This week, I maintained my BMR at 1460, but I should get 500-600 of exercise cal without eating them back to have a deficit. Tuesday is my weigh-in day and then we'll see if it works. I feel hungry, esp at night, same feeling when I was doing 1200 back then, but atleast I'm consuming food at my BMR level.

YES eat your BMR for sure but still you neeeeed to eat more than just that if u minus the 500 calories then you are really ONLY EATING 1200 WHICH IS WHYYYY YOUR STOMACH IS SAYIN ITS NOT ENOUGH..For doin Insanity you should be eating at least 1600-1900 calories per day and YOU WILL START TO LOSE WEIGHT.. DONT BE SCARED TO UP THEM YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU WHAT IT WANTS AND YOU NEEEED TO LISTEN...

LOOK SHAUN T, im sure he KNOWS what he is doin... and If you FOLLOW the program COMPLETELY you will get the results...
    by not EATING ENOUGH, your are HINDERING what your results should be.. which is WHY you are barely losing the weight..

But just be safe.. :)