Hotels

Options
_Khaleesi_
_Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
Where have you been and what did you think?

We're staying on Disney Property for the first time this year. Pop Century Value Resort! Whoop!

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We're planning to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. It looks the most scenic and tranquil yet luxury enough for me.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    We're planning to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. It looks the most scenic and tranquil yet luxury enough for me.

We are heading there for dinner and a carriage ride. Want me to scope it out a bit for you? I can snag some pics and stuff! Just tell me what you want to know/ where you want me to go!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    (I'm stalking Q. Don't mind me. :love: )

We've been the past two years. First family trip was at the Polynesian. Our trip last year was a split stay between the Beach Club and the Polynesian.

I thought I was completely in love with the Polynesian hence wanting to go back again last year. We were sorely disappointed with it during our second stay (loud, crowded, obnoxious folks) and we were really smitten with the Beach Club (the pool, walking distance to Epcot and HS). If were were staying on site again, we'd do either the Beach Club or the Yacht Club.

That said, Port Orleans Riverside is a gorgeous resort and I'd happily try it out, too. (Though, the 'being able to walk to some parks' thing really sold us on BC/YC.)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Jersey! Yes please! Scope it all out for me. I'm pretty sure we've decided that's where we'll stay. I can't bring myself to pay the prices at the deluxe resorts, although Beach Club looks lovely. The moderate resorts are a nice compromise between my cheapskatery and luxury tendencies...
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I'm on the case!
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have stayed at Pop Century and I loved it of all the value resorts, recently we stayed at All Star Sports for Thanksgiving. We were in a preferred room and it was right next to the pool. We loved it!! There were not any loud noisy groups because of the timing. I have also stayed at All Star Music. That one wasn't very good because the room was so far away from everything. I would personally love to stay at the new animation suites or the boardwalk
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've stayed at the Yacht Club, Coronado Springs and Pop. I loved them all for what they offered. My favorite is the YC because of the location to Epcot and the Studios, loved the pool, restaurants and the fitness center. Coronado Springs is also lovely, but it's really spread out and Pop is very Disney themed with nice pools, a decent food court and has it's own bus. Pop is my favorite value resort! Have fun!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Thanks!! We have never stayed on site before, and everyone we talked to said that Pop Century was the best value resort as well. Of course, Art of Animation will be open when we go as well, which will probably be top of the line, but because there were no reviews out, we decided to stick with Pop Century. :)
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed Pop. The Animation is suppose to be family suites...I believe that's what I heard.
  • maggiemcd713
    Options
    We've been quite a few times and have stayed at almost all tiers of Hotel there. It is just my husband and I so this is our opinions as a couple without kids. Our first time, we stayed at All Star Movies Resort for 10 days. It was about as cheap as we could find on property. The rooms were decent, pool was huge, there was a lot of large Decor (ex: giant Buzz Lightyear) and for kids and their familes, its great. The bus situation was pretty bad, having to wait sometimes 2-3 buses later just to get on. and this was during a non-peak time. Our of all the Value resorts we should have chose Pop Century, they have their own bus and that was really the only draw back. We've also stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter. I loved it, buses were ok, nightly entertainment was there. We could take a boat over to Downtown Disney. They have a Jacuzzi as well as a pool so that was a plus, and a fishing hole where they rent out fishing poles and bait which my Husband enjoyed! lol. Last year, we got an amazing deal so we were able to stay at the Boardwalk Resort. I loved it. The room was gorgeous as was the entire property. Being on the Boardwalk and having street performers there was amazing. We were able to walk to Epcot in 5 minutes and Hollywood Studios in 10 minutes. You could also take the boat to those places as well. The only downside was, yet again, the Bus. We share the bus with the Swan and Dolphin Hotels, and the Yacht Club and Beach Club. It didn't really get too packed, but it took so long to finally get back to the resort. Over all. the location and hotel was great. In the end, you really can't go wrong with a Disney Hotel, I mean, its Disney!! :smile:
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've done all the value and moderate resorts. I agree with Pop Century being the best choice on the value resort. Moderate vs. Value, it seems to be location, rooms are about the same. Oh and Pools. Moderate usually has a fun slide of some sort, but not worth it if you are paying a lot more. I've had wonderful memories made at all, all have enchanted me with their magic and when going to Disney, staying on property is a must!

So that being said there is a hotel that is on property that is not "Disney." The Swan and Dolphin had a LOT to offer. I enjoyed this so much. The room was amazing with a HUGE wall of glass that faced Epot. You could watch the night show and order room service. There was a pond with those charming swan pedal boats, and you took a real boat right to the back of Epot when ever you want. The access was amazing, no lines and great for dinner time. I've scored this hotel TWICE on priceline for under 100 a night. Typically much higher. And the architect of the buildings, stunning.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I may be going to DW in December. It all depends on if it's in my budget by then.
    Anyways, I've stayed at the All-Star Movies and All-Star Music resorts and my hubby and I loved them. We are probably going to stay at the All-Star Movies again IF Pop isn't that much pricier. I think the values are wonderful if you're on a tight budget or if you just don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel (which I never do) especially when all you're going to do is sleep & bathe there. My hubby and I spend all of our time in the parks and Downtown Disney. We never really use the pools or any other extra things. We're only interested in the parks!

I think the more extravagant hotels are better for touring & eating. : )