Welcome Striivers!!

Options
bridgeo74
bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
So excited to finally get my Striiv!! I have only had it a week and thought I would start this group so we could help each other and motivate each other while using our Striivs to reach our own fitness and weight loss goals. Hope you are having fun with your Striiv technology!!!!

P.S. Still confused on how to get animals on My Land!!! Need to watch the tutorials, but haven't had time!

Replies

• mewalkinuk
    mewalkinuk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've had my Striiv for a couple of months now. While I do enjoy using it, I am not sure how accurate it is. I haven't played the game much, but really like walking for the donations. What are you walking towards? I'm walking for water.
  • bridgeo74
    Options
    I switch it up...I am walking for water right now too!
  • karthurs1
    karthurs1 Posts: 15
    Options
    This is great of you to set up. If you don't mind I am going to share this groups name to our Facebook community. Thank you for doing this!

- Striiv
  • bridgeo74
    Options
    I was going to do that, but I didn't know if MFP or Striiv would mind the advertising on each other's FB pages. I wish we could get more people in this group.
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was going to do that, but I didn't know if MFP or Striiv would mind the advertising on each other's FB pages. I wish we could get more people in this group.

I just bought one today, haven't "officially" used it but I'm already liking it. I can't wait until tomorrow to get moving. I'm going to be having surgery to repair a torn tendon in my elbow soon and will be limited to walking for exercise. I thought it would be great to have the Stiiv as a motivator. I had never heard of it until someone posted a question about it. I'm glad they did.
  • bridgeo74
    Options
    Hope you are having fun with your new Striiv bmachholiday!!!
  • bmacholiday
    Options
    I am! I find excuses to walk or take the stairs at work and go out of my way or the long way around to get more steps in. Love the challenges and working my way through building "My Land." :smile:
  • bmacholiday
    Options
    Bridget,

Can you tell from my post on Striiv I was really hoping to increase the number of people interested in this group. :laugh: Ah well, it will catch on. Love my Striiv, it keeps me moving. Shortly before I bought this I had purchased the pedometer Biggest Loser endorsed and after a week returned it. It was boring and I didn't see the point. The Striiv I can't wait to snap on each day and see the numbers rise.

BYW, have you gotten the locust or drought yet? I got them both this morning, one from a bronze chest and the other from a silver. Talk about panic (in the best of ways) and boy did I get moving to cancel them. No matter what, they didn't seem like a good thing. I canceled them out so fast I don't know what they would have done to all my plants and trees. :noway:
  • bridgeo74
    Options
    I have not gotten anything bad from the treasure chests...yet!! I am saving money for Turtle Island so I haven't been buying anything...but that sure sounds scary!!! and FUN at the same time!! Great motivation though!!!
  • bmacholiday
    Options
    The locust I got with a free bronze mystery chest. The drought, unfortunately I paid for. Darn!

I'm saving to open up Turtle Island, I need to spread out everything is getting too crowded.
  • Alaynat
    Alaynat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just got my Striiv last weekend and have been walking so much! haha

I had a question for ya'll, when putting in the calories burned into MFP do ya'll enter the total that the Striiv says or do you like divide it in half and such?

Thanks!
  • bmacholiday
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just got my Striiv last weekend and have been walking so much! haha

I had a question for ya'll, when putting in the calories burned into MFP do ya'll enter the total that the Striiv says or do you like divide it in half and such?

Thanks!

I still only add the calories burned from actual workouts, my afternoon walk and walking video at night. I worry about giving myself too much credit and then eating too much.

I'm currently laid up and doing no workouts and the only walking I'm doing is in my apartment. I'm so glad to have the Striiv though, walking is the only type of exercise I'll be doing for a couple months. Once I'm back to 100% maybe I'll try playing with the daily calories Striiv shows I burned and see how it works out.

Let us know what you decide to do and the results, I'm sure you won't be the first Striiver wondering how to count their calorie burn.
  • bridgeo74
    Options

Thanks!

I will ask one of the others that has been using her Striiv longer....I only log actual workouts (Zumba, running, walks, Wii....) and not the daily walking...
  • Alaynat
    Alaynat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
    I used to have a FitBit and it was a major plus that it automatically calulated the calories for me and uploaded it to MFP.
    But, I didn't like the Fitbit all that much (no rewards! :P) so I traded it in and I'm really glad I did!
  • bmacholiday
    Options
    Filled out questionnaire to be a part of Struiv's ambassador program. Hoping I can show some friends, I know if they try it they'll be hooked.
  • bmacholiday
    Options
    Haven't been able to earn much energy since Wednesday because of the surgery on my elbow, but I am able to continue collecting coins toward opening Turtle Island. Only 4M more to go. :tongue:

I'm so close to opening the lowlands, but without energy it may take a while. :sad:

How's everyone else coming along with "MyLand"?
  • mtarika
    mtarika Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I got my Striiv about a week ago and really like it. The challenges really motivate me to work out a little bit more. Has anyone who used the Striiv also used the Fitbit? How would you compare the two?
  • bmacholiday
    Options
    With all the down time for recovery I've had lots of opportunities to collect coins. Almost a 2M, not a lot of building going on though. :sad: I manage small challenges walking around me apartment, but miss the stairs at work. I like those challenges. I may finally open the lowlands today.
  • mtarika
    mtarika Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love the stairs as well. It kept challenging me all day and I ended up climbing 623 stairs today. It adds up fast!
  • bmacholiday
    Options
    Wow! Good for you, that's a lot of stairs.

I opened the lowlands yesterday and hit 2M in coins. Now to plant/build the lowlands.