grand rapids runners unite

Options

Replies

• ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I'm in the first heat of the 5k. Friends have me worried that it will be so packed that I can't run but have to zig zag around people but we'll see. I know I'm ready to go have been running for months now.

Best of luck!
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I completed my first race ever last weekend. I did the mini marathon Indy Mini (13.1 miles). It was so much fun and I am now hooked! I am looking for MI runs now. Will anyone please give me some ideas? Thanks!!
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I completed my first race ever last weekend. I did the mini marathon Indy Mini (13.1 miles). It was so much fun and I am now hooked! I am looking for MI runs now. Will anyone please give me some ideas? Thanks!!

Great job! Can always search on Michigan runs, or if you are by Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo, rungr.com
  • zuyddyk98
    zuyddyk98 Posts: 52
    Options
    the weather should be nice, I'm going to run 5-6 miles @ millennium park on Thursday.
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    Ive not been to MP yet....I should check it out this year.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options

The warrior dash 5k is going to be at Millennium Park, If I make it through C25K, I will sign up for it.
  • primalchaos
    Options
    the weather should be nice, I'm going to run 5-6 miles @ millennium park on Thursday.

What's the terrain like out there?
  • zuyddyk98
    Options

its really nice you should bring ur bike if u have one, its perfect for a long bike ride.
  • zuyddyk98
    Options

paved path around a lake, it connects to Johnson park and the kent trails which head to john ball park. its a Paradise for running and biking.
  • primalchaos
    Options

paved path around a lake, it connects to Johnson park and the kent trails which head to john ball park. its a Paradise for running and biking.

Thanks I may have to take the bike out there and do some recon.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    anyone going to be running this Saturday in the grand rapids 5/3 riverbank run? 5k,10k, 25k)?
    I'm going to go watch the race as a spectator this year.

Hi everyone! I'm doing the 25k this weekend and it's my first time! I'm excited and a little nervous. I live in Zeeland and plan to head downtown to the expo after work tomorrow and then hit the streets Saturday morning!!! I just wish I had close friends or family that would be there, but I know there will be lots of people cheering us all on and that means a lot to me!!!!

I'm number 2575 so if you see me, yell!!!! LOL!
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    anyone going to be running this Saturday in the grand rapids 5/3 riverbank run? 5k,10k, 25k)?
    I'm going to go watch the race as a spectator this year.

Hi everyone! I'm doing the 25k this weekend and it's my first time! I'm excited and a little nervous. I live in Zeeland and plan to head downtown to the expo after work tomorrow and then hit the streets Saturday morning!!! I just wish I had close friends or family that would be there, but I know there will be lots of people cheering us all on and that means a lot to me!!!!

I'll be at mile #7 looking for u, have a great time out there.
  • ToEKnee213
    Options

If I see ya, I will yell! :smile:
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I was there at my 7. it was so awesome! the lead runners got there in 33 minutes .... sooo fast! it was so cool seeing non stop runners for over an hour.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My brother took 4th in the 10k. Awesome job to all the runners today! Aiming to do the 25k next year myself!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it! I finished the 25k today!!! I was hoping to be under 2:45 and my chip time ended up being 2:30:13!!!!! I am stunned. I kept pace UNDER 10 min miles the WHOLE time!!!! Average around 9:30, which I really didn't think I could do! It was a great race, and the crowds cheering along the way made it SO much fun! The bands, the awesome lady with the rockband guitar, the cheerleaders, the kids holding signs and giving high fives... all of it was wonderful! Grand Rapids truly is an awesome place!!!!

Now I'm on that downslide of emotions. My body is sore from the beating I gave it, so I'm resting and refueling, and already looking forward to my next race!!!! I'll do a few 5k's this summer and if I can find another half soon I may do that as well, but the next half I'm planning on is Park 2 Park in Holland. If you haven't done one before, it's late September and the course is really nice. Not much in the way of hills, so it's a nice beginner course but also very scenic as you go past two lakes!!! I'll be there for sure and if my body can handle the training, I'm going to try for the GR Marathon this fall. I just want to do one in my lifetime. If I get the marathon bug after that, fine, if I don't, I'll stick to half's... they truly are my favorite distance so far!!!!!

Hope to see you all out there at a race someday!!!!! Runner's ROCK!
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    wow!!! great job! awesome run & finishing time.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Nikster!
  • primalchaos
    Options
    Well, I did it! I finished the 25k today!!! I was hoping to be under 2:45 and my chip time ended up being 2:30:13!!!!! I am stunned. I kept pace UNDER 10 min miles the WHOLE time!!!! Average around 9:30, which I really didn't think I could do! It was a great race, and the crowds cheering along the way made it SO much fun! The bands, the awesome lady with the rockband guitar, the cheerleaders, the kids holding signs and giving high fives... all of it was wonderful! Grand Rapids truly is an awesome place!!!!

Now I'm on that downslide of emotions. My body is sore from the beating I gave it, so I'm resting and refueling, and already looking forward to my next race!!!! I'll do a few 5k's this summer and if I can find another half soon I may do that as well, but the next half I'm planning on is Park 2 Park in Holland. If you haven't done one before, it's late September and the course is really nice. Not much in the way of hills, so it's a nice beginner course but also very scenic as you go past two lakes!!! I'll be there for sure and if my body can handle the training, I'm going to try for the GR Marathon this fall. I just want to do one in my lifetime. If I get the marathon bug after that, fine, if I don't, I'll stick to half's... they truly are my favorite distance so far!!!!!

Hope to see you all out there at a race someday!!!!! Runner's ROCK!

Awesome job! I did the 5k and felt great!
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    Ya'll were quite inspiring on Saturday - glad it was a great day for everyone!