Hello, New and Need Some Friends !!

Options
Dot2Dots
Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
Hey there ladies !

Today, I start my very first day using MFP. In 6 months I will turn 45 yrs.old and I want to go into the next stage of my life looking and feeling more fabulous than ever ! I would love to lose about 25 lbs. and I believe I can do that in the next coming months. I work from home so having access to the kitchen has done me in the past few years, the weight has seemed to creep on slowly and now I am noticing that since I hit my mid-40's it doesn't come off as fast as it use to.

I have many a freinds and family who have several health issues due to either poor diet, obesity or lack of daily movement. I will not lead myself in that direction. I like to stay active as much I can. I take Zumba classes 2x a week & recently started (hula)Hooping to trim down my mid-section. I don't enjoy going to the gym at all, just not my thing. Finding something you love to do makes exercise even more fun !!

I would love to find some "friends" here who I can relate to, who know what it is like to be a 40+ yr.old woman !

Replies

• jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Fairely new here myself. Feel free to add me!
  • JeanineGiorgi
    Options
    Hello there, feel free to add me!! Ps love your cute retro picture!!
  • JeanineGiorgi
    Options
    Hi I probably wont sync up with time lines (I am in Perth Australia) but if you ladies want feel free to add me.We can still provide some inspiration to each other !!
  • GwenaLW
    GwenaLW Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm fairly new myself, about to turn 43, feel free to add me :)
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We need all the support we can get! Feel free to add me :)
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    welcome, I'm gayle, 47.. feel free to add.
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Cathy and will turn 46 in June. I can always use a friend, so feel free to add me.
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi I´m Holly and I feel I can relate. I, too, am at home a lot and the weight has just kind of crept on slowly. When I look back over the years my diet has changed slowly, as have my exercise habits. Before the kids I would walk a lot as opposed to using the car, and serving and eating three meals a day was just never an issue. Now, with kids, we eat three meals - often what they didn´t eat went into my mouth and we drive just about everywhere.
    I want to get my "old" self (body) back. I am very determined. For almost four weeks I have been maintaining a very strict 1200 ca./day eating plan. I like it and very rarely feel deprived.
    I would love a buddy to motivate/be motivated by - count me in!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've been on this loss journey for a while - feel free to add me too - love to get and give support :).
  • stacibp
    stacibp Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new to this and have absolutely no friends. My personal friends and co-workers are not interested just yet in doing this. I have so many questions as well. Please add me...
  • slj46
    slj46 Posts: 6
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Feel free to add. Anyone here can. I never really dieted in my earlier years but noticed I was taking less flattering pictures in the last few years. I don't think I was eating too poorly but had become kind of lazy. I looked at a picture taken in the beginning of February and it hit me like a ton of bricks that I had let myself go. I knew my daughter's wii fit game had told me I was obese and grunted everytime I got on the balance board but thought it was just being mean. Realty set in and I started making small changes. I made it a priority to exercise and once I started logging calories realized I needed to eat better and more consistently. After reading through the message boards with a lot of trial and error I have found a nice balance and the weight and inches are coming off. I haven't felt this good about myself in a while. It's hard but can be done.
  • Bizeebec150
    Bizeebec150 Posts: 88
    Options
    I have been on MFP for about a month now and the stories and motivation are definitely helping me through this plateau - feel free to add me as well
  • jobarefoot
    jobarefoot Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I just joined mfp this week and love it. I have about the same weight loss goal as you and will also be breaking out my hoop again now we have some good weather :)

Feel free to add me if you want to.

Jo