Nutrition Plan

Options
Just curious if everyone is following the diet plan included with insanity or just making up your own meals?

Replies

• billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm doing my own meals, but sticking very close to the nutrition and calories they recommend. Are you following their menus?
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm just sticking with what I've been doing on MFP. It's been working for me so far, and I'm vegetarian so I would have to be doing some substitutions, anyway.
  • kungfugirlrox
    kungfugirlrox Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having issues with eating properly? lol. Been making poor food choices for the last five days and due to sickness, my insanity schedule has been stalled. Will be picking it back up tomorrow:-)
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having issues with eating properly? lol. Been making poor food choices for the last five days and due to sickness, my insanity schedule has been stalled. Will be picking it back up tomorrow:-)

I've been eating more junk the last few days, because I bumped up my calories and now I have "extra" ones that I end up using on sugary cereal, pudding, white flour bagels, etc. It's actually harder for me to eat so many calories in healthy foods! (it always drives me crazy when people ask, "how am I supposed to eat X number of calories? I can't eat that much!" I always think, "uh, have some ice cream..." ha. But it is harder for me to limit my sugar and refined carbs with the extra calories!)
  • braykay23
    braykay23 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing. Making my own meals but basically the same kind of foods as they have on the meal plan. It seems to be working!
  • billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    Yesterday I slipped with my diet a little and my workout was so much harder! I'm honestly glad I did because I now I know the difference in how I feel and how much energy I can put into my workouts depending on what I eat.
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There's truth to the saying "Garbage in, garbage out". Just like a car, we have to provide the proper fuel to get the best performance out of our bodies.

I started making Fridge Oatmeal this week. I've never heard of it before I read abut it on MFP. Wow! It's so easy and delishious!!
    This link has some great recipes

http://www.theyummylife.com/blog/2012/03/293/Overnight,+No-Cook+Refrigerator+Oatmeal+--+A+healthy+breakfast+made+in+mason+jars+in+six+different+flavors!

I also had turkey bacon for the 1st time this week - I'm a fan! I'm going to try protein pancakes this weekend. Like some of you I also haven't been following the Nutrition Plan in the book because I do a pretty good job already eating healthy. It is nice though looking through it to get ideas and also getting recipes from MFP.

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress I will make on the next Fit Test on Monday! Let's all remember to post them on the google dox tracker. It'll be great to see the progress we ALL make!