Helmets

Options
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the modular helmets that are on the market now.
My first one was full face - and I absolutely loved the feel of it.
Because of the plate in my neck, I'm a bit concerned about having a full face because of the tight fit and getting it off safely...maybe I'm worrying too much, I don't know.

I think the half helmets seem to be kinda nice, but I'd get a little annoyed with all the bugs. Warm foggy mornings here, going through cattle country <gross> LOL

I am impressed by the function of modular, but I don't know a thing about them.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    Hey there! Why yes I DO have a module and love it. I have tried the full face and as it's nicely protected I just like the module so much better. I was thinking half helmet, but I hate bug smacks in the face!
  • tabngillysmom
    tabngillysmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My full face helmet is a modular as well. In fact, all the helmets we own (with the exception of our back up full face) are modular. I really like the convenience of the flip up front and have never had problems getting them open or close. Of course I am sure, as with anything, you get what you pay for. Our helmets are Schuberth and Nolan.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about modular beig a 'flip up' front full face??

Getting very popular over here although only licenced in the UK if fixed in the downward postion, very good if you wear glasses though...

Personally I prefer a fixed full face as I'm not keen on the weak point that the fixtures and hinge could give....
  • KristysLosing
    KristysLosing Posts: 683
    Options
    I haven't tried a modular one, but I think they are awesome. I'm all for full-face. I worry when my husband goes out with a half helmet because half his head isn't protected if something happens. Maybe I'm just a worry wart...but I prefer a full helmet.
  • 6swolcott
    6swolcott Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Modular and only Modular for me, only helmet I will use, when I ride two up with hubby, I can drink my coffee, when riding alone and its hot its up, im not feeling confined or like I get breath, I always drop the face shield if riding on highway but about town I tend to keep it open. Just got a pretty black and pink striped one, my other helmet was five years old so it was due to be replaced.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Open face Zeus helmet, very light. And sunglasses.
    But I don´t ride motorways, more coaststreets. I love the feeling of the wind in my face.

But I will get one with more faceprotection this year to have something to change.