Introduce yourself!

Options
OSU_Sarah
OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
I think we should do intros here for everyone! Like name, age (if you want), location, kids, etc. and what kind of bike we ride or have rode.Hope that's ok!

I will start!

Sarah. 29 years old from Oklahoma. I have 2 kids, ages 5 and 7. I ride a 2002 Yamaha YZF600r. In the past, I have owned a 2003 Harley Davidson Sportster 883R and a 2004 Yamaha R1. Loved all my bikes!!!

Replies

• Annie_Oakley
    Options
    Anita
    Mt. Sterling, Kentucky
    6 boys (4 mine, 2 hubby's) - 21, 18, 18, 14, 11 and 9
    1 new dog (also male).

My first bike was a Kawasaki KLR 650.
    I'm looking for my next bike.

Is it odd to feel a "bond" with your bike, or is that just strange? LOL
  • tabngillysmom
    tabngillysmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Melissa
    Paducah, Kentucky
    2 girls (17 & 10)
    Married

My first (and only bike) is a BMW F650GS.
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    My first (and only bike) is a BMW F650GS.

I'd still have my first bike had I not totaled it in August.
    I LOVE lookin at bikes!
    Can't wait to get my next one...didnt think i'd ever want to ride again.
  • ShadowriderNH
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for starting the group....I was thinking of it and you beat me too it....When I posted the topic I never knew I would get so many replys. I am glad.

I am Melanie I live in NH. No kids. I drive a 2003 Honda Shadow. I got my licence in Sept 2011. I work from home for a large Health Insurance Company.

So glad to make more friends here on MFP. This site keeps me motivated.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello.............Debbie from Orlando, FL, 48 years young. I have (2) adult children and (2) babies. Started riding dirt bikes when I was 30 and it just took off from there. I have a 97 Honda Shadow ACE 1100. I ride as much as the weather permits and even when it doesn't ....lol! I was a member of a local Chrome Diva chapter, but don't really like riding in formation.........not my thing. My bike is my Joy:bigsmile:
  • greeneyes191
    greeneyes191 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Pat, 61, one son 32, riding for about 6 years, 2007 Yamaha 650 V-Star. Crashed in August. My husbands friend I looked worse than the bike. No major damage to the bike. I had a bit of road rash and a major broken thumb. Took my first ride since the crash this past weekend.
    Oh, Indianapolis, Indiana since 2002 (born and raised in Michigan)
  • Fun4me2bFit
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm Cheryl from just outside Charlotte, NC. I ride a 2006 Triumph Bonneville pictured in profile and have been riding for almost 4 years now. I'm 52 and have daughter age 26 and son age 28 and 3 grandsons and 2 fur babies... german shep and papillon.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Hi, I am Kira, 44 years old. I am German but live in Sweden at the moment. Married since 1996.
    We have 4 children, twinboys, 15, a daughter 12 and a daughter 4. We also have 3 bunnies, a bird and 2 beehives. Live in Helsingborg but spend all our free time at a farm in the middle of nowhere that we own for 9 years now. I am not a city person.

I have my licence since a long time but last year just got the kick to start riding again. I have a Yamaha Virago 535. Love it.
    I love power that´s why I am also working on my pilot licence, being up in the air is as good as riding. I didn´t think there would be anything similar before.
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    Pat, 61, one son 32, riding for about 6 years, 2007 Yamaha 650 V-Star. Crashed in August. My husbands friend I looked worse than the bike. No major damage to the bike. I had a bit of road rash and a major broken thumb. Took my first ride since the crash this past weekend.
    My crash was in August too. 26th
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    Mine was August 10th. I was on my way home from work. About 3-4 miles from home. My husband was in New Hampshire so I was on my own. Good thing he has great friends to help me out.
  • 6swolcott
    6swolcott Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, my name is Sheila, I live in Ga and have four kiddos, one grand baby and one on the way. My hubby has always ridden since he was a child started on a dirt bike, I rode two up with him for 20 plus years and now have my own ride. I ride a 2002 fatboy which is lowered , I am short. I still enjoy riding two up but also love riding my bike. Sometimes its hard to decide. When I ride with him I bring a book to read or I fall asleep because its soooooooo relaxing. You should see the looks, rofl. In June ill be riding to Conn. I only got my license two years ago, took a woman's rider course, and Ive made two long distance trips so far one to MI and one to Conn. Thankful I found this group, I used to work at home and don't work at all now so I spend alot of time alone, Recently I learned to quilt so if im not riding , im with Colin (my sewing machine) I have some weight to lose over 50lbs and I am thankful for all support.
  • TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    Good morning! I am Tina (39) and newly married (first time) this past Sept. We live 45 minutes from Chicago in a suburb called Grayslake, IL. I have 2 wonderful step daughters 12/14 and 2 older step son/daughter in their 20's.. Also have a golden retriever and a pug. :smile: I have had my license since September 09 and my husband surpirsed me in April with a Yamaha Virago 250! Love it. We just started riding and honestly really the first time I have since my license. Infact we are thinking of going on a 3 hour cruise tomorrow. YIKES..:noway: I am ready tho!! :wink:

FYI.. last name isn't Turtlez., but love turtles.
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    Mine was August 10th. I was on my way home from work. About 3-4 miles from home. My husband was in New Hampshire so I was on my own. Good thing he has great friends to help me out.
    I'm really glad you made it!!!
    My husband and I were on our way to work.
    His mother was on her way over to our house to get our boys off to school that Friday.
    It was her that I met head on.
    Poor woman witnessed the entire thing.
    We were less than 1/4 mile from our driveway...I still had it in 2nd gear.
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    His mother was on her way over to our house to get our boys off to school that Friday.
    OMG, that's awful. I bet she took a lot of kidding after everything settled down.
    So glad you're ok.
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    OMG, that's awful. I bet she took a lot of kidding after everything settled down.
    So glad you're ok.
    The poor woman is still traumatized by it. I feel so bad for her. I like to share my plants and things with her - I tell her often that I have too many or whatever. She has a huge amount of guilt, and I'm hoping she can get past it.
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My name is Shanna I am 32 and live in Missouri. I have a 2006 GSXR 600 now. My first bike was a Ninja 250. I am married and my husband rides a 2007 Hyabusa. We have 2 girls 13 and 10 and Both of our children love to ride with my husband. I am still pretty new to it so I have only taken them on short trips around the block! They think it is cool to go to school on the bikes. My 13 year old actually wants a motorcycle when she is old enough rather than a car!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started out riding a little honda 100 around the farm, stepped up to a Yamaha DT125 then a Virago 250 now I'm on the Sporty. I have had my licence for about 12 years now.

Hubby has never had a motorbike licence and is actually going for his Provisional licence tomorrow at the age of 47.
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am so glad there I found this group!

I'm Tandi, 35, and I live in SE Wisconsin. I drive a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 636. I'm toying with the idea of getting something a little more comfortable though. More of a cruiser. That will be something to talk the hubby into, as he sold his bike last year and we now both have to 'share' my bike. His idea and my idea of our next bike are very different.

I have 2 girls, 4 and 9 months. The four year old will probably ride someday...heaven help me! Too early to tell for the baby, but she seems even more fearless than the four year old.....

I'm so glad to have found you gals! Here's to enjoying the ride!
  • njgrib
    njgrib Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in the Chicago area and have been riding for nearly 30 years. I started out on a Honda 350, then a BMW 600/5 with a sidecar, taking my son on rides. Later on I got a Suzuki 650 and now currently ride a Kawasaki Vulcan 750. I have been a member of a riding club and we do campouts and rallys. A great way to see the country!
  • KristysLosing
    KristysLosing Posts: 683
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Kristy, 32 yrs old. I live in central Wisconsin with my husband and our 2 children-4yr old girl, 3 yr old boy. We started out with a 1981 Honda 400 CM (I think), moved up to a 2001 Honda Nighthawk CB750 (which we are currently selling) and now we have a 2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring. My husband also has a 2002 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Military that he is selling. I have only ridden 1 time in the last 4.5 yrs. :cry: But I look forward to riding this summer, now that we have this big new 2300 CC bike!