So far, my favorite online dating intro

Options
JanieJack
JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
Just got this tonight from Match. Thought I'd share this with you guys, as it really made me chuckle and respond to the guy (and if he asks he will absolutely get a date). And this doesn't take a whole lot of effort, because you'll see all he really had to do was take the stock pattern and cut-n-paste my username a couple times. Easy-Peasy.

Email was titled, "Our Story"

GuyFromMatch; viewed your profile
SavedP; viewed my profile
GuyFromMatch; winked
SavedP; winked back
GuyFromMatchsaid; Helloooo!!!! I'm HisName...
SavedP said; Helloooo!!! I'm _______(please insert name here) (wait.... Hold on that's not rite...) hummmm...... (I got it I will use your user name) (ok from the top)

GuyFromMatch; winked
SavedP; winked back
GuyFromMatchsaid; helloooo!!!! I'm HisName
SavedP said; helloooo!!!! I'm SavedP
FFW>>>> 2 or 3 years...
The happy couple get married
FFW>>>> 20 or 30 years...
Happily ever after... The END...

30 seconds and I guarantee (if she reads it) she'll melt. Chances are, she'll ignore the typo. But then, chances are, you'll fix it. :smooched:

PS: For those who aren't on Match... "Our story" is a link that appears at the top of the screen for each match you've had contact with. When you click that link, it gives an outline of all the winks/emails/etc you've had, much like this guy outlined above.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    haha sounds like he has a good game plan!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Bah... I lie enough on these things already as it is, so I feel bad to pretend I want to get married and insinuate she and I are going to end up married happily ever after!

Also I think it's quite cheesy. :ohwell: Does that really work? (because I'm rather on the other end of the spectrum with my profile)

Note: what the innocent man doesn't know with this message is that he basically signed for no sex for the next 2-3 years. Not sure if he would be so enthusiastic about it had he known! :laugh:
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Bah... I lie enough on these things already as it is, so I feel bad to pretend I want to get married and insinuate she and I are going to end up married happily ever after!

But isn't that how the saying goes... "the fastest way to get in a woman's pants...is to pretend that's NOT what you're after."
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    So if he is cutting and pasting this to everyone (changing the names). How is that any different then just writing "Hey, how are you?" to everyone??
    And people wink?? seems lame, just write a message.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    So if he is cutting and pasting this to everyone (changing the names). How is that any different then just writing "Hey, how are you?" to everyone??

They say it doesn't take much to make a man happy... some sandwiches and a good romp go a long way, right?

Well, it doesnt' take much to make a woman happy either... 30 seconds of effort cutting and pasting go a long way, too.

Then again, I always send back a "I'm fine, thanks for asking. How r u?" to the ""Hey, how are you?" guys too.... so maybe I'm not the one to answer your question, lol!
  • poncho33
    Options

They say it doesn't take much to make a man happy... some sandwiches and a good romp go a long way, right?

Well, it doesnt' take much to make a woman happy either... 30 seconds of effort cutting and pasting go a long way, too.

Then again, I always send back a "I'm fine, thanks for asking. How r u?" to the ""Hey, how are you?" guys too.... so maybe I'm not the one to answer your question, lol!

haha, maybe add let him go fishing too.

You seem more realistic than some of the girls I see on POF.... a lot of gals have "don't message me if" on their profiles and one of them is usually "your cutting and pasting the same message to every gal on here." Just made me think of the intro you posted.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    a lot of gals have "don't message me if" on their profiles and one of them is usually "your cutting and pasting the same message to every gal on here."

I'll insta-delete a guy that has a long canned "you're so beautiful, we should meet, you're this/that" kind of thing that has absolutely no mention of anything in my profile and is so generic it could apply to any woman.

But a "hey, how are you?" I'm ok with. I understand that it's trolling for responses, a numbers game. Who's got time to write long love letters to some girl who will likely never respond? But future posts have to be more than one-liners tho.
  • The_Carrie
    The_Carrie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    a lot of gals have "don't message me if" on their profiles and one of them is usually "your cutting and pasting the same message to every gal on here."

I'll insta-delete a guy that has a long canned "you're so beautiful, we should meet, you're this/that" kind of thing that has absolutely no mention of anything in my profile and is so generic it could apply to any woman.

But a "hey, how are you?" I'm ok with. I understand that it's trolling for responses, a numbers game. Who's got time to write long love letters to some girl who will likely never respond? But future posts have to be more than one-liners tho.

I haven't been on a dating site in a few years now, but I HATED when I got a mass email from guys telling me their life story. Shouldn't it be in their profile already? I had overlapping profiles once (one free site, one paid) and the same guy sent me the same message on both sites. I called him out on it...he never replied ;)
  • poncho33
    Options

Yup Yup, I agree with all of that!
  • JanieJack
    Options

Email was titled, "Our Story"

GuyFromMatch; winked
    SavedP; winked back
    GuyFromMatchsaid; Helloooo!!!! I'm HisName...
    SavedP said; Helloooo!!! I'm _______(please insert name here) (wait.... Hold on that's not rite...) hummmm...... (I got it I will use your user name) (ok from the top)

GuyFromMatch; winked
    SavedP; winked back
    GuyFromMatchsaid; helloooo!!!! I'm HisName
    SavedP said; helloooo!!!! I'm SavedP
    FFW>>>> 2 or 3 years...
    The happy couple get married
    FFW>>>> 20 or 30 years...
    Happily ever after... The END...

And an update.. I met this guy for lunch today. We had a fabulous time! He is a general contractor but has an artsy creative side (best of both worlds!). He was better looking in person than in his profile and we've already planned on another lunch.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Yay I am happy to hear that! Good for you :smile:
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options

Doesn't seem to matter either way. I ALWAYS reference something in the profile, and ask more about it. Still don't get many replies. I'm pretty disgusted with the online scene really. That, and 85% of the people on match are free users, and can't effing reply anyway. And the people on POF don't care because again, totally free, so no real effort. Bah, HUMBUG! I say.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you had a great lunch with him! Keep us updated! :drinker:
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    yay for the lunch date! here's to many more...and a contractor and artsy type guy, all in one? how awesome is that?!?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Glad it went well!
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Since me and bodybuilder parted ways, I invited this guy to the fight with my friends Sat. We had a blast. Unfortunately, I was surrounded by a bunch of my friends, and we started talking about something they all know about that I think scared him away. We shall see. But he seems really nice, yet manly, so I do hope I'll see him again.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    What was the bad subject? Lol, I'm intrigued.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    I don't know if I posted it here before or not... hm, maybe I'll let the gang jump in and guess...lol!

What's weird is, he texted me today that he and his friend were looking at my Match profile, he liked my new pictures, and his friend said I was too hot for him. Part of me is flattered, but the other part of me remembers the "your too amazing" post where guys say stuff like that as an excuse to stop seeing you without hurting your feelings.

Only time will tell, lol!