5k's

Options
Where are the 5k's this spring/summer that you have signed up for? Thought it would be interesting to know where each other are going to be so we can meet up if we want to. :-)
I did the Oshkosh 5k last weekend but am looking forward to signing up for several more, just waiting on funds. :-0

Replies

• goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So far I did an 8 k in madison yesterday. I will be keeping an eye out for more races .
  • freenewme
    freenewme Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know there is acouple coming up in the wausau area.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i'm waiting for the green bay packer one to go up!!! So amazing last year over 5000 people!
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i'm waiting for the green bay packer one to go up!!! So amazing last year over 5000 people!

That one sounds like a lot of fun! When is that usually held?

We just did the Nicolet Bay 5K (in Peninsula State Park), which was in conjunction with the Door County Half Marathon. There were about 2100 runners between both. It was mine & Hubby's first 5K and we LOVED it! It was so well organized and just a great time in general!

We're for sure doing Run United in Merrill on May 19th and also looking at registering for more in the Northwoods ... possibly the Bear Cupboard Run, Midnight Moonshine Run, Rock n' Tomahawk 5K and a few others. Still trying to narrow it down and see what fits into our summer schedules. :) Hubby also wants to do the Journeys 5K in Eagle River this weekend, but I just didn't know if we'll be able to squeeze it in with Mother's Day and everything. Not to mention, it's just a couple days away!

Anyone else planning on doing any of these Northwoods runs?
  • Dawnlight1976
    Options
    I don't think I am anywhere near 5K ready, but I do have it on my "One day" list! I've never done one before. I just started eyeing the Couch to 5K program but I am not sure I have the patience for such baby steps to get started.

It's great to see threads like this so I can keep up to date on all the upcoming events near me. Good luck to all of you preparing and planning to run!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options

We just did the Nicolet Bay 5K (in Peninsula State Park), which was in conjunction with the Door County Half Marathon. There were about 2100 runners between both. It was mine & Hubby's first 5K and we LOVED it! It was so well organized and just a great time in general!

We're for sure doing Run United in Merrill on May 19th and also looking at registering for more in the Northwoods ... possibly the Bear Cupboard Run, Midnight Moonshine Run, Rock n' Tomahawk 5K and a few others. Still trying to narrow it down and see what fits into our summer schedules. :) Hubby also wants to do the Journeys 5K in Eagle River this weekend, but I just didn't know if we'll be able to squeeze it in with Mother's Day and everything. Not to mention, it's just a couple days away!

It was the last weekend of July last year. My friend actually did the Door Country half last weekend! But, i'm actually from River Falls, so those are all pretty far lol! :D
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to do the Irishfest 5k in Oshkosh on June 2nd?
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the Community First 5k in conjunction with the Fox Cities marathon. It will be my first ever & I believe it's in Aug or Sept.
  • jennyjo79
    Options

It was the last weekend of July last year. My friend actually did the Door Country half last weekend! But, i'm actually from River Falls, so those are all pretty far lol! :D

How cool that your friend did the Door County Half! What a small world! :) I'd like to tackle 5K's this summer and then go from there ... maybe longer distances by next year. I'll definitely have to try to keep my calendar open for that Packer run at the end of July. Thanks for the info!
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am anywhere near 5K ready, but I do have it on my "One day" list! I've never done one before. I just started eyeing the Couch to 5K program but I am not sure I have the patience for such baby steps to get started.

It's great to see threads like this so I can keep up to date on all the upcoming events near me. Good luck to all of you preparing and planning to run!

I'm just about to start on that program. I might sign up for a 5K and if I only run a half or a third of it, I'm okay with that.

There's one in South Milwaukee on August 4th (http://www.smlions.org/) that I might do.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Don't be afraid to try a 5k, there are many many people that speed walk the courses. You could throw a little running in there to speed yourself up too. It's a good way to build endurance if you're not interested in the C25K program. :happy:
  • jennyjo79
    Options

Don't be afraid to try a 5k, there are many many people that speed walk the courses. You could throw a little running in there to speed yourself up too. It's a good way to build endurance if you're not interested in the C25K program. :happy:

^^ I totally agree with Clarissa! ^^

There are a lot of people that walk them!

And, even after my Couch2K program, I still couldn't run the whole course this past weekend [at my first 5K]! I did, however, run more than I walked and still managed to come in around the middle of the pack! Also, everyone is so friendly and encouraging; it'sgreat! One of my favorite parts was cheering everyone else on that was still coming in once I was finished. Everyone does these for different reasons ... the people there are all ages, shapes & sizes and it's just so cool to see them all come together and give it their all!

I can understand the apprehension [been there myself], but I think once you do one, you'll be hooked, too.

GO FOR IT! :)