Sept/Oct brides-honeymoon????

Options
hey :)

My fiance have not been able to nail down where we want to go for our honeymoon yet...

Since Sept/Oct is hurricane season, we are a little nervous about choosing a place that could be hit with a storm...

Aruba and Hawaii are on the list of possibilities...

EDIT #1: Aruba is cheaper than Hawaii, so I was sort of leaning towards that, but my fiance wants to be able to go sightseeing and Aruba isn't known too much for the sightseeing (or is it?)...his words "I don't want to sit around at a bar drinking and stuffing my face the entire time...I want to go places and see things" Me: "well, I plan on stuffing my face!" haha

EDIT#2: My fiance's brother lives in Hawaii (as his wife is in the Air Force), so we have the option of staying @ a hotel for as long as we want, then staying @ his brother's place for a few days (to save some $). OR, his brother won't be there the week after the wedding (he will be in Massachussetts), so we could stay @ his brothers place first, then go to a hotel, or be even cheaper and stay @ his brother's place the entire time (but then again, neither of us want to spend our honeymoon with his brother, no offense to his brother)

I have read MANY MANY MANY reviews on Trip Advisor, and it is also hard to pick a place, because every place has their share of "Poor" and "Terrible" reviews...

where are y'all going for your honeymoon??? :)

Replies

• hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I just started to look for All Inclusive packages for Cancun Mexico! We could not be more excited!!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm jealous.

We are unable to take a honeymoon after the wedding, since I am a teacher and he's a law student, but we're planning a big trip to Italy for the summer of 2013. :)
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I just started to look for All Inclusive packages for Cancun Mexico! We could not be more excited!!

Just an update: Last night we book our stay in an all inclusive Cancun resort for the week following our wedding. I'm so excited.. but I've started to have wedding dreams again!
  • heather7405
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you. We are plannig on a 4 night cruise then making a few stops in FL on our way back to Atlanta. Our date is 9.22.12, so I am praying for good weather! I have been on two cruises, but my fiance has never been on one. He is pretty sure he is going to hate it but I told him he has to try it once.
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    We've been all over the place deciding on honeymoon destinations but we've settled on Mexico. But anywhere where the two of you can get away and spend time together the way you want to is perfect! :)
  • erobo04
    Options
    We are getting married on July28th and are going on our honeymoon from August 11 - 18 to Oahu, Hawaii! SOOO excited!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    We are getting married on July28th and are going on our honeymoon from August 11 - 18 to Oahu, Hawaii! SOOO excited!

I looked into Oahu...can I ask what area you are staying in?

I also looked into Maui, Cancun, St Lucia, Mediterranean cruise, Hawaiian cruise, Carribean cruises, etc etc...too many options!!!

it seems no matter what place I look up on Tripadvisor, there are people saying they had the BEST honeymoon, and those saying they had the WORST honeymoon...at pretty much every hotel I look at...too many options!
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    We are planning on going to South Carolina which is where we go back together after not seeing each other for 3 years!! and Maybe stopping by Helen Ga on the way home. We live in Alabama and cant be gone to long or go to far(like out the us) due to having 2 small children :happy:
  • mrsgant
    mrsgant Posts: 5
    Options
    we haven't booked just yet but we are planning on going to the florida keys!
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We were looking at Hawaii at first, but then he bought a mustange convertable, so now we're thinking about road-tripping it down to Virginia. We're using his Mom's time share to get a better rate, so we'll be waiting until last minute to book our trip, but I'd like to find a place half-way between the beach & Williamsburg
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    We're getitng married October 6th and are doing a Southern Caribbean cruise that leaves the next day. I'm not worried about it being towards the end of hurricane season when we go. We bought travel insurance and I can't live my life in fear of the "what if's".

Congrats and enjoy the planning!
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    We're getting married on October 20 and are spending 8 days in Bali! It's off-season there, and we've read up that we can expect temperatures in the 80s, with a brief (30-60 min) rain in the afternoon but overall sunny weather. Fiance loves rain, so he can frolic if he wants to. I'll use the time to take a catnap inside :).
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    We're getting married on October 20 and are spending 8 days in Bali! It's off-season there, and we've read up that we can expect temperatures in the 80s, with a brief (30-60 min) rain in the afternoon but overall sunny weather. Fiance loves rain, so he can frolic if he wants to. I'll use the time to take a catnap inside :).

Bali, that's so awesome!!! I wish we could do something totally exotic like that for our honeymoon, but my fiance does not get much time off from work, so we're limited to a 7-day trip max, including travel time.
  • Starklover
    Starklover Posts: 57
    Options
    We are getting married October 12, 2012 and wont be able to take our honeymoon right away, we have two children one is 3 the other is 9 months, and I dont feel comfortable asking family to watch two babies quite yet. So we are planning on taking a trip and me being a huge disney geek, are going to do Orlando Florida and hit Universal, Disney, Busch Gardens and of course the ocean. Either going to go around April 2013, or sometime that fall... Maybe even do our honey moon for our one year anniversary!
  • MrsSmith2012
    MrsSmith2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We are going to Savannah, GA. Neither of us have ever been. We found a beautiful hotel to stay in, that is right in the middle of all of the sight seeing activites that we both want to do. He is going to take a day, well 1/2 of a day, and go fishing really early on a guided fishing trip locally, while I go get pampered at the hotel spa. I am SO looking forward to that, LOL! The rest of the trip will be taking tours, like the Paula Dean (I think I spelled her name wrong) tour, some Civil War tours, etc. I can't wait!! We are going for 5 days, 6 nights.
  • Blonde_Lou
    Blonde_Lou Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm getting married on the 26th of October this year. We've booked our honeymoon already.....we're flying into LA to visit Disney and Universal then driving a convertible Ford Mustang down the coast then on to Vegas via Palm Springs, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. We're from the UK and this is our first real holiday together.....I can't wait :)
  • leenors
    leenors Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Getting married first weekend of September, and then getting on a plane on the Monday to spend a week in Rome, Italy and a week in Florence, Italy. I will be consuming my fair share gelato, pizza and wine :)
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    were looking at mexico :)
  • kaploetz
    kaploetz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel like such the black sheep! My fiance and I are going to Iceland for our honeymoon at the end of September. We are both amateur photographers and are really excited to experience such a different world.

Anyone else planning a non-traditional honeymoon?