gaming mouse and head set. recommendations?

Options
da_sammit
da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
ive decided i need to get serious (lol) and get a better mouse and head set. any recommendations?? the other half has a razer deathadder and i really like it.. i dont want to spend epic moneys ie under $150 for the both, since im an unemployed bum right now..

what do you all use???

Replies

• Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Razer! ;) I already replied on your newsfeed but thought I'd mention again :D
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I've been through literally every gaming mouse. I can't stand razer products. They all feel cheap to me. That said, my wife has a Naga and it isn't awful.

Corsair almost made a decent mouse, but it has a few game-breaking flaws. (IE looks nice, sucks terribly to use.)

Tried the RAT mice too. Close, but no cigar.

I'm using a Logitech G700. It's very solid, though has less buttons than some mice.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Razer! I agree completely!
  • da_sammit
    Options
    anybody else???

ive been looking around at razer prices and if i get one, i think ill go with teh deathadder. i already know its good and its comfortable for me.. i cant really compare it though/
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I swear by Logitech. Best dang mice and keyboards. I use the G500. Comes with adjustable weights, variety of speeds. Awesome. Replaced my much loved (and abused) G7.

I have an inexpensive headset, Logitech also. Probably cost me $30. Like all headsets I've tried, they hurt my ears after an hour or two. I wear glasses so all headsets do this because they rest on my ears, putting extra pressure on my glasses frames. If you don't wear glasses, it's probably not an issue. Sound quality is good.
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I use a razer diamondback & the original eXact Mat (gaming mat), which I bought in '05, along w/ a Razer Tarantula Gaming Keyboard (bought late '06) on my laptop. They are all wired though; I have a wireless logitech keyboard & mouse for use w/ my desktop that I have connected to my TV that work just as well for gaming that doesn't need the high dpi of the razer (ie: non-fps games).

Anymore it really comes down to what mouse fits your hand the best and has the features (buttons, dpi, etc) that you are looking for.

Can't remember what headset I have as I haven't used it since I stopped playing WoW back in '09.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have a Logitech USB headset--I think it works great. Mind you, I don't wear the darn thing on my head; I wear it around my neck and just adjust the mic accordingly. I've even hung it up on the edge of my monitor and piped the sound out my speakers and just used it for the mic, because I need to hear what's going on around me. I also love the fact that it's easy to adjust the volume and mute with the buttons on either earpiece.

I had a little Logitech wireless mouse as well, but recently it's been playing dead and I need to find out if that's the case or not...so no recommendations.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    Since i'm mostly console gaming these days, i can't say what mouse is better then the other...but for headphones i went with Turtle Beaches and haven't looked back since.

Fits nice and comfy on my head, sounds great, and the microphone is clear without the need to shout on your end. Only downside is if you get the wireless ones. They will eat through your batteries. I use rechargeable so it isn't so bad, but when i was playing heavily, i would need to rotate them out every 3-4 days. YMMV...
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I've had mixed experiences with Razer. Although the electronics are excellent, the feel of the plastic is thin and flimsy, very cheap. I would say only look into Razer if you take very good care of them and treat them as if they were delicate. If you're a bit rougher on your headset/mouse, go with Logitech. I've owned a Razer Naga MMO mouse and currently own a Black Mamba mouse. I love the "flow" of the Mamba and the electronics are AWESOME, but Razer's stupid textured mouse cord develops kinks in it TOO easily and the housing of the mouse just feels like if I so much as breath on it wrong it'll fall apart in my hands. The Naga felt the same way. I've also owned a few Logitechs in the past and they felt like they were made very rugged and tough by comparison.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I never felt that way about my Razer mouse (Lachesis). It feels delicate yes, but I love that feel. Maybe it is more of a "feminine" mouse or something?
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I swear by Logitech. Best dang mice and keyboards. I use the G500. Comes with adjustable weights, variety of speeds. Awesome. Replaced my much loved (and abused) G7.
    I use the same mouse w/ the G15 keyboard ... awesome on all accounts. Had it for a few years now never a problem.

Headsets I'm in the market for as well, currently have a basic USB logitech that I've had for probably 5-6 years. I'd like something a little nicer, but not super expensive either.
  • Peter3465
    Peter3465 Posts: 20
    Options
    my friend just bought the new razer gaming mouse and keyboard set , I have used it is sweet
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have a Logitech G500 Mouse. Pretty nice mouse. Headphones I have are Monoprice MEP-839. For $25 its the best phones I've used a in a while.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've got the Cyborg RAT 3. I find it a great mouse and great value for money. Its comfortable and looks great. Headset wise, I've got a logitech one plugged into my G15. Both work great.
  • da_sammit
    Options
    ended up getting the razer death adder mouse. still looking at head sets, it really depends on if i want one with a mic or not, havent decided.

forgot the mouse pad. le sigh.