Options
WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
Grand Rapids on August 5. Just letting you know! :smile:

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Guess this was the date for Ann Arbor but they changed it. Makes me happy! Now if they can update the website so we can find out when and how to register!!!! Thanks for the info. I think I already have a few friends interested!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Oh Nice! I originally found this when chicago was the closest run...but it was already sold out :( Then they added cleveland so I thought I'd make a trip...then they added Ann Arbor and i was SUPER excited....but the date was awful for me :( so I got a group of friends together & we registered for the one in columbus! I'm super excited, though I wish they would have moved the ann arbor one earlier so we could have registered for the closer one haha. Oh well, road trip!
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm selling my entrance to the Chicago run to do the one in GR. I'm so glad they've added so many more dates/locations. I signed up for Chicago and then it sold out before my boyfriend or sister had a chance to log in. We'll all get in in GR and save money on the trip. Yay!
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Could you please post a website? Thanks!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Could you please post a website? Thanks!

thecolorrun.com

also has anyone heard of color me rad? i guess its basically a knock off of the color run and also supposedly announcing soon that they're coming (somewhere) in michigan
  • Want2BRunner
    Want2BRunner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Can't wait!! Signing up for the Ann Arbor Color Run
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

I think they moved it to Grand Rapids. It's on the day the Ann Arbor one was supposed to be. I'm not 100% on this, but it's what I've heard.
  • Want2BRunner
    Options

I think they moved it to Grand Rapids. It's on the day the Ann Arbor one was supposed to be. I'm not 100% on this, but it's what I've heard.

Oh.. I'm going to have to check that out. I'll be bummed if they did.
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not a whole lot of information on their website about the 'charity' they help or how much of the proceeds. A $40+ entry fee seems a little steep without knowing more about where it's going. Does anyone have any information on this? It does sound fun.
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOO excited to do the color run!!!
  • Want2BRunner
    Options
    Any info I come across it still says they are having one in Ann Arbor. Am I looking in the wrong place?
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Not a whole lot of information on their website about the 'charity' they help or how much of the proceeds. A $40+ entry fee seems a little steep without knowing more about where it's going. Does anyone have any information on this? It does sound fun.

They do a different charity for each city, depending on the city, it updates closer. I'm doing the Columbus one and it's been updated on the site, so it may be that they're just waiting to solidify the charity for Grand rapids

ALSO...they're still having one in Ann Arbor, it just changed dates from the original one. Originally, the date for Ann Arbor was Aug 4 or 5 (whatever date the GR one is now), but the day that they were supposed to open registration for ann arbor (april 9), they I guess held off opening registration & moved the date. It's now July 22 in Ann Arbor. I guess they had a lot of complaints that people had planned for the 4th but now couldnt do the new Ann Arbor date, so I'm guessing they put one in Grand Rapids as a second Michigan Date. They're still having the Ann Arbor One,, but it's on the 21 of July, and the Grand Rapids one is on the 4th(5th?) of August. I originally wanted to do the Ann Arbor one but couldnt do the August date so got a group of people from MFP and we're taking a road trip to Columbus for the one on the 21st...so I've been following the changes haha

Also if you guys have facebook, like their page, you get answers super quickly
  • danner13
    danner13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Registration for the Grand Rapids Color Run is now open : http://thecolorrun.com/grandrapids/ . It's $5 less if you do it as a team. Can't wait!
  • debbie2268
    debbie2268 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm excited about doing the AA Color Run! This will be my first 5K! I'm a little nervous.....I'm a walker, not a runner and currently I've just bumped my walks to 2 miles from 1.25 miles.
  • Kgreenlaker
    Kgreenlaker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Doing the Ann Arbor color run. Can't wait.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Just registered for the Grand Rapids one on Aug 5th! Can't wait! Maybe we can meet up or something for those of us doing it! :) I love meeting MFP friends..

Feel free to add me if you want!

http://thecolorrun.com/grandrapids/
  • Nina9925
    Nina9925 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am doing the one in Ann Arbor, I created a team its cheaper if you join with a team so feel free to join with my team you don't even need to meet up at the race.
    Team Name:::: On Top Of The World
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    See you all at the GR run! Team Color Me Good!
  • woolergy
    woolergy Posts: 5
    Options
    I really want to do the color run too. I am not really a runner either but it is not a race, it is for fun and charity! So I'm just going to have a great time and enjoy the company!