Nurses Week

Options
tobnrn
tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
Happy nurses week to all my fellow nurses. Funny how they reward us with crappy food. All week at the hospital Im at they have had subs, pizza, popcorn, icecream, cookies, chocolates, donuts and the list goes on and on. I can usually avoid stuff by not going down to get it. This year everything has been delivered to the units. Ugh. How do you fight temptation like that

Replies

• JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Like you, wishing all fello wnurses a Happy Nurses Week!:drinker:
  • periwinklebleu
    Options
    Happy nurses week for us equals: All the chocolate.

However, sometimes you need a sugar boost, and one hershey's kiss does the trick!
  • Cravenamanda
    Cravenamanda Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Happy nurses week. lol same here we had doughnuts delivered Monday morning, BBQ lunch Wednesday and cupcakes today with lunch, not to mention the unit covered dishes we have ALL the time. I feel like the black sheep still bringing my lunch to avoid the temptation. Sad thing is this is all the perks we get to enjoy since they have stopped giving us raises :grumble:
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yep...we had pizza brought in also. I ate my packed healthy lunch.
  • poeticallydevine
    poeticallydevine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you know my job didn't get us anything for nurses week.. just awful
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Every day it was a new treat in the staff lounge, but I kept myself busy and completely avoided the temptation. :)

I wish they did a salad bar one day instead of fried chicken or an ice cream social.. I would appreciate the lean greens!

Side note, this week I was hit and kicked by a patient for the first time. I also experienced my first patient fall (family member turned off the bed alarm and got the patient out of bed) THREE MINUTES before my shift ended, mind you. Perhaps I'll call in sick next NW! lol