Introduce yourself!

Options
2»

Replies

• scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Sara. I live in Western Pennsylvania. I have 2to kids, a 9yr old boy and 5yr old girl. I've had my lice se for about 3 years. Before that I rode with the hubby on his. I have a 2007 Yamaha Vstar 650 and a 2003 Yamaha TTR125LE dirt bike. We ride dirt bikes a lot with the kids and friends. The kids love to take rides on the street bikes too!

Glad this group started up!
  • NWCountrydancer
    NWCountrydancer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Michelle and I live in Oregon between Salem and Portland. I am married, no kids. Recently adopted Bandit, my Shih Tzu/Wired Haired Terrier mix. (Currently my profile pic) I have been riding about 3 years now. My husband wanted a bike and got one. I SW all the ladies riding and thought I could do that, so I did. :wink:

A currently ride a Yamaha Vstar 650 and we bought me an 1100vstar but still need to do some modifications for it to fit me so I can ride it. My husband has two bikes and I am trying to convince him I need to as well. :laugh:
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Cindy. I am 56 and live in Florida. I have 3 grown children and 3 young children. I have ridden my own bike since 2006. I rode passenger on my husbands bike for many, many, many years! I look forward to making new friends in here! Awesome group!
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello - my name is Debbie and I live in Florida. I am 61 and have been riding since 73. I learned to ride in Alaska, so it was mostly off road. When we moved back to Florida in 88 I had to learn street riding on bigger bikes. I now ride a 2012 Suzuki Boulevard. I love that bike, it is my third one. Longest ride was from Florida to Vegas, up into Utah and then back home. An amazing trip.

I belonged to MFP before and did well, but have slowly gained weight back, so I need to concentrate on loosing again. I need some friends for encouragement and support - so if you would like to please send a friend request!
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello ... I'm Paula.

I live in Davie, FL. I have a 2005 Honda VTX 1300. Have been riding since 2006. My husband and I belong to a motorcycle club and we raise money for a local children's hospital. I am a nurse and also own an entertainment business. Enjoy the fact that we get round year riding for the most part. The summer is the rainy season and can mess up a weekend of riding in the drop of a hat. :)
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My name is Georgianna, I'm 48 and live on the coast of Humboldt County, CA in the Redwoods. My son is 28, and I have 5 chickens. I currently weigh 176, and am aiming for 155...maybe even 150.
    I went to motorcycle school in November, got my license, and bought an '88 NX650 dual-sport. My first was a 2-second ride out of my driveway :cry: My bike got bent forks and front axle. Repairable though. I'm still in PT with some wrist tendon issues. BUT once I could use my arm again I got a KLR 250. Stepped it down a bit to get my chops. I've only got about 350 miles under my butt, but am riding as much as possible.
    I'm making the commute in to work (11 mi) and getting 85 mpg!!! On the way home I take a long side loop that involves major twisties and some gravel parts. Takes about an hour. I'm just starting to work up to standing on the pegs off-road. I'm also going to have to step up my work-out game if I'm going to be able to do that for hours a day!
    C'mon ladies, let's admit that the riding boots look totally hot! :happy:
    I hope many of you are still here on MFP, I see this thread is a little elderly.
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anyone still around this group? I'm going to update mine since I've changed a lot since the post started! LOL. Sarah here. I own a 2006 Suzuki GSXR1300 aka a Hayabusa! LOVE my bike! Haven't got to ride in 3 or 4 months as it's WAY WAY cold here in Oklahoma! I can't wait for a warm day though!
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Jennifer, 2012 Honda CR230L, one young daughter, and I haven't ridden either since winter sucks right now in Arkansas. Nothing but rain.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody.
    I know this thread is old, but let's try to keep it going.
    Here's my baby. Nothing says bad-@$$ biker like a yellow bike named Buttercup with flower power. LOL
    pft3bh6j191i.jpg
    We had a great ride through Redwood Nat'l Park this weekend, including several miles of gravel. Still getting my chops there. Does anyone have any summer touring plans?