Who would you like to see play a vampire?

Options
Hey so only just read about this but apparently in 09 Robert Downey Jr was in talks with some production company about possibley playing Lestat in another Anne Rice movie. Now for me that would be epic but just wondered if anyone had any other thoughts of who'd make a good vampire....

Replies

• FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Pleeeeease tell me it's a Queen of the Damned remake-- that thing was atrocious.

I've always wanted to see Ewan McGregor play a vampire just because it'd be an interesting departure from his normally 'family friendly' roles. They'd probably write his character as a rat-sucker anyway. lol!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    christina hendricks
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sebastian Stan. Yowsa.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh I do hope Robert Downey gets a vampire role! I second Ewan McGregor and would like to add in Christian Bale. He already has the teeth.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh I do hope Robert Downey gets a vampire role! I second Ewan McGregor and would like to add in Christian Bale. He already has the teeth.

Oh yes...I agree on Christian Bale :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I've always thought Christian Bale would make a great Dracula. I thought that back when he was still cool - pre crappy grumbling batman era I mean - you know... the EQUILIBRIUM era.

Ian McKellen would nail it.

Michael Fassbender too.

Apparently anyone who plays Magneto, in fact... :ohwell:
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always thought Benedict Cumberbatch had an odd, alien look about him. He could totally play a good vampire - the creepy sort.
  • msunluckythirteen
    Options
    Oh, I agree on Michael Fassbender, Ian McKellan and Benedict Cumberbatch! Apparently we all need to get together and tell these people who cast movies who we think works best.
  • princessmollbunny
    Options
    Oh, I agree on Michael Fassbender, Ian McKellan and Benedict Cumberbatch! Apparently we all need to get together and tell these people who cast movies who we think works best.

we could cut out the middle men and just make our own movie teehee xo
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw one in from way out field. Jim Caviezel. He has that brooding, I could snap your neck like a twig, thing down.

He's got some TV show. I've never seen it. But the other day there was an add for it. He looks over his shoulder and growls, "I'm gonna show him what a real monster looks like." And my immediate twisted thought was, OOooo! Why hasn't he been cast as a vampire?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Wait wait wait Which Lestat book . Please dont let them do what they did to Queen of the Damned. I love the Lestat series I must know more lol
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw one in from way out field. Jim Caviezel. He has that brooding, I could snap your neck like a twig, thing down.

I don't think that's too far out of field. He's already done a sci fi monster movie (if you haven't seen Outlander yet run get it!) and yeah I could totally see him playing a vamp.

What about some women? Nicole Kidman would be pretty spectacular as a vampiress I think.
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh! I did see that. I'd forgotten about it. I rented it because I thought it was from the book. I was disappointed for a moment, then not!
  • msunluckythirteen
    Options
    I agree on Jim Caviezel! I have not seen Outlander. Going to have to check it out.
  • msunluckythirteen
    Options

Let's! Imagine how fun casting calls would be. LOL!
  • princessmollbunny
    Options

Let's! Imagine how fun casting calls would be. LOL!

it would be epic!!! lol xo
  • princessmollbunny
    Options
    Wait wait wait Which Lestat book . Please dont let them do what they did to Queen of the Damned. I love the Lestat series I must know more lol

Am not sure there wasnt much detail and i dont think that it will happen now as him and his wife have just had a baby so he's not going to be doing as many movies anymre :( xo

ps sad about him not doing movies not coz theyve had a baby just to clarify lol