Show me your purse!

Options
Jorra
Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
I need a new one. I'm hoping to get something with a longer strap because I hate having the damn thing under my armpit all day.

2012-04-09180637.jpg

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have all of these:

Coach Kristin Metallic Hobo

1139606_fpx.tif?$filterlrg$&wid=370

Coach Madison Tossed Lace Lindsay Satchel

19624_svph_a0?$browse_verticallarge$

Coach Madison Black Leather Satchel

Coach-madison-leather-lindsey-satchel-black.jpg

Coach Poppy Dream C Tote

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=49486278

Yeah, I have a problem.

Next bag is going to be something in a Cognac color.

If you're on a budget, JCPenney has a lot of super super cute bags in a variety of styles.

What size do you need? (large, medium, small)?

If you can only have one bag, a black handbag with silver hardware is really versatile and goes with everything. I love the look of leather, and it holds up well also.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have three - my giant one that I usually lug around everywhere that is large enough to fit a small person into, my pretty teal-with-sparkly ones for (the very rare occasion) when I go out, and the small black and white one for when the teal one doesn't go with what I'm wearing.

IMG_20120506_122300.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I have three - my giant one that I usually lug around everywhere that is large enough to fit a small person into, my pretty teal-with-sparkly ones for (the very rare occasion) when I go out, and the small black and white one for when the teal one doesn't go with what I'm wearing.

IMG_20120506_122300.jpg

LOVE your little turquoise bag. That's cute!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Mine is a JC Penney bag. It converts from a cross-body to a over the shoulder which I love. I can make it over the shoulder when I'm trying to be cute and fashionable or put it cross body when I'm trying to wrangle children so that it doesn't keep sliding off my shoulder. The leather is really soft too. I think it was around $40.

IMAG0993.jpg

This is my wallet which also can be carried alone:

IMAG0994.jpg

I also have a sparkly silver wrist let that I think I got from Claire for when and if I ever get dressed up.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This is my wallet which also can be carried alone:

IMAG0994.jpg
    That is an adorable little wallet/purse. I want one like that. I love purple. I hate shopping, though, so I'll stick with what I have for now.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I got that one from DSW. It was $10 or something. Maybe $13.
  • Pancua
    Pancua Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It took me a little over 5 years to find my perfect purse (I'm a tad picky). I've now had this purse for the past 3 years and I love it even more today than when I first got it.

IMG_1018-1.jpg
  • Jorra
    Options
    Here's my wallet. I do like it, but I've had it since high school and I feel like a change.

2012-05-06211642.jpg
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a hippie. This is probably my nicer-looking purse. I thought it was cute when I bought it, but the more I use it, the uglier it gets. I think the other two I have (which really aren't that cute either) are made out of hemp. Ha! I'm not sure what my next one will look like. I'm terrible at picking out purses.

9ledxx.jpg
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a white letter carrier style Dooney purse for my birthday last year, and as soon as they get more in stock I'm buying this one (in black) for my birthday this year! Right now I just have a plain tan-ish, large crossbody bag from Target that I've been using for a while now. I carry so much stuff with me for school, work, and running around so I need a bigger bag :D

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=58165
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    I can't find a picture of my *exact* purse, but here's the closest one - it was one of my Christmas presents from my George - it's the Kate Spade patent leather tote bag, and it's just like this, except in black, and without the bow in the front. Very simple and chic, and I get a ton of compliments on it!

Kate-Spade-Bon-Vivant-Lilia-Patent-Leather-Tote.jpg
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I can't find a picture of my *exact* purse, but here's the closest one - it was one of my Christmas presents from my George - it's the Kate Spade patent leather tote bag, and it's just like this, except in black, and without the bow in the front. Very simple and chic, and I get a ton of compliments on it!

I absolutely love the hot pink, but black goes with everything and that is a gorgeous bag!
  • Red7Basil
    Red7Basil Posts: 36
    Options
    My favorite purses are my Kate Spade bags. I love her leather purses! I buy them at TJ Maxx when I can find them.

VPQEj.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the purse-gene. Mine are from the Kohl's clearance rack and cost less than $10. :blushing:
  • Jorra
    Options
    I didn't get the purse-gene. Mine are from the Kohl's clearance rack and cost less than $10. :blushing:

That's ok. I bought mine at a thrift store. I couldn't justify spending more than is absolutely necessary.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually bought a purse in years. They've all been gifts! I got this one for Christmas about 6 years ago, and I still occasionally use it. Might start using it again actually, because I do like it.

crown-royale-flap.jpg

I've had my eye on this one for a while now...and now I see they have a pink one, as well!! I love the white, but the pink one is nice, too. Maybe one day I can get one!

nwt-guess-bellissima-satchel-handbag-purse-tote-white-de1ee.jpg

guess-bellissima-large-box-satchel-bag-purse-pink-nwt-40b57.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

LOVE!

I really want this one too:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=55287003
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is the first time I've tried to post a picture in a thread--hope it works! This is the black bag I'm carrying this spring. I really want a bright one!

Picture19.png

Yay, it worked--but small. Anyway, it's from Banana Republic, Black Lizard Hobo Bag (looks more dark grey though).