Hello from North Carolina

Options
ThinWithin7
ThinWithin7 Posts: 24 Member
Hi,

I'm new to MFP but I find it very helpful in keeping me accountable of what I put in my mouth. I also downloaded the app to my phone so that I don't have any excuses not to use it :happy: I was always a thin person and very athletic until I turned 30-something. Being a single parent (my husband and I was going through a divorce) I actually threw myself into raising my child and lost focus on myself. I guess I kinda thought I couldn't gain weight but oh was I wrong. Weight came on with a vengeance and invited all of his cousins and friends. I've tried about every diet known to man, but for some reason I always sabotage myself. I've lost weight and gained it back several times only to regain more than I had lost.

December 2011, I made up my mind that I wasn't going to buy another diet plan, diet gadget, diet book or anything diet related. DIETS DON'T WORK!!! I promised myself that I would exercise, eat right, educate myself about fat loss and change my attitude towards food and my body. Since that day, December 27th, I've lost 37 lbs. I still have a ways to go, but I believe that I'm on the right path. I no longer want to get the weight off fast, I want to continue to lose weight while maintaining the weight I've lost. I'm learning that my body isn't the fat burning machine that it use to be, but with the right foods and exercise I can still maintain a fire that will burn this fat off my body.

You know life is funny, I remember when I was thin, I use to use the word "Fat" alot when I got upset with overweight people. But life can be a great teacher. With the help of God, I will conquer this enemy called "FAT." I will live a long and healthy life and I will educate as many overweight people as will listen and desires help.

Replies

• Impalamania
    Impalamania Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Life is a journey.....This it my virgin voyage at dropping weight.....developing a good discipline for monitoring my intake...and people here are the bomb. I used to refer to people as fat and old. Not anymore because the shoe now fits both feet :) Here's to the next leg of your trip. Enjoy!
  • ThinWithin7
    ThinWithin7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Impalamania. I understand where you're coming from, but I also know that it's never to late to begin anew! Here's to the both of us!!!
  • mzbehaven1
    mzbehaven1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like your post...I have been on (for the second time) since March 6th. I have lost 14 lbs ( I'd like to say only 14 lbs, but that's negitive) It's really hard for me as my boyfriend doesn't like anything I cook unless it has meat and potatoes in it! no chicken or fish, no salad...you get the picture. As I approch the age of 62 in Oct I would love to have shed 30 lbs more. Will it happen? I hope so. I'm pretty good about no bread and pasta. It was the cheeses and crackers that went with the wine that I had a problem with.
    :laugh: