So I guess I'm getting stood up...

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
...awesome. I was supposed to go meet a new guy today, we were going to go walk a local trail where we'd both done 5k's before then have lunch at a restaurant that's on the trail...On Friday he emailed saying "Sunday sounds great, I'll call you and we can figure out a time and place to meet and go from there." Yep, that's the last I heard from him, even though I emailed him yesterday to say "So what time are we getting together tomorrow?"

:grumble: :explode: :angry:

Replies

• toots99
    Options
    Screw it, I think I'm going to do that anyway. So what if I do it alone? I was hesitant to go out on Mother's Day (it's a pretty tough day for me, my Mom passed away almost seven years ago), but I was thinking "Hey, maybe she'll bring me good luck." But I'm thinking I'm going to go out and have lunch or something by myself anyway. :flowerforyou:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    That sucks! Hate that that trait in people who don't get back to you when you've made plans. They'd better be dead or dying lol
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Bummer, but enjoy the day yourself. :)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Happens to everyone. Still, not a great feeling.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    That is a bummer. Go yourself and enjoy the day! I wish people would stop being flaky.
  • BelMckenzie
    BelMckenzie Posts: 249
    Options
    Awe! That stinks - you should go out and enjoy your awesome self!!
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear it! Don't give it another thought, go out and have a great time today!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ugh, hate flakes. Especially if they don't tell you. Such a coward move to just not communicate instead of backing out gracefully. Bummer. Enjoy your day and have a nice walk.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hit the trail and hit on a random dude. It will make his day and perhaps you can replace your date.
    Win win. Except for the flake, his loss.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    Was the date sourced online? I believe that online sourced dates have a higher rate of cancellation/no shows than non online sourced. I don't have any data to back up this up though.
  • toots99
    Options
    Was the date sourced online? I believe that online sourced dates have a higher rate of cancellation/no shows than non online sourced. I don't have any data to back up this up though.

That just sounds weird the way you say it, like it's tech support.

Yep, we "met" online...but I've been stood just just as many times in "Human life sourced" dates.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    I could have used the word arranged.

Really? My offline cancellation percentage has typically been lower.
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had someone bail on a date last week. It's never a good feeling. I've had a much nicer guy message me since then. In regards to online/ offline cancellations I have NEVER been stood up for a date that was happening "offline" with someone. The only times this has happened were when I met the guy online.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    The guy's a loser!

Have a great time on your jack. Probably better company than the loser anyhow :wink:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It is better to have him flake before you get involved than after. I know that doesn't make it bother you any less, but you are better off.
  • toots99
    Options

Yep, been stood up plenty of times, some guys I met online and never ended up meeting, some were from people I had met in "real life" that stood me up and some I've even seen since then! :noway:
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I've "heard" you say this repeatedly on here, but you're the only one who is so insistent about this. My experience (and others as seen in this thread) is inconsistent with your claims. Maybe you should consider what you're doing differently between the two and stop making such a broad statement?
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I got stood up by the same guy twice. I had two firm dates that he called and confirmed the night before but both he flaked. I'm glad I did give him the second chance to stand me up or I would have been like...what if? He tried so hard to get a second chance with me too. Turns out he just wasn't "in a good place" and "everything was crumbling around" him. I guess I dodged a bullet with that one! I'm just glad we never met face to face so I couldn't say...is it my weight? My looks? etc...
  • toots99
    Options
    That's how I'm looking at it, I dodged a bullet.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That's how I'm looking at it, I dodged a bullet.

A big part of dating and trying to enter into a relationship is being prepared for it mentally