Not sure how to take my ex

Options
UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
I know some people cut ties with their ex after the break up, but I'm a dumbass. Anyway, he says to me the other day "Wow! I remember when you were fat!" What do you all think? Was it a compliment? Because it really didn't sound like one...

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt take that as a compliment, no! :huh: But you know the guy better than me. :flowerforyou:
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    He was probably trying to compliment you on your weight loss but it came out all wrong. There are much better ways to make a comment on it and still be polite. I'm curious what was your response to this?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    You should have answered, "And I remember when you were decent." :tongue:
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options

YES!!! This is an excellent one!
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I would have said and I remember why you are my ex.

I guess it was probably supposed to be a compliment.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

but then I sobered up.

but yah..... I wouldn't take is a compliment. well it depends I think if we broke up on good terms, still friends that sorta thing I probably would have taken it as a compliment.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    He was probably trying to compliment you on your weight loss but it came out all wrong. There are much better ways to make a comment on it and still be polite. I'm curious what was your response to this?
    Yeah, I'd say this... Or he was trying to be funny.

I'd probably have replied: "Hmm... Thanks... I guess? I mean, was it a compliment? Because it really didn't sound like one..." which, funnily enough, is the content of your post. Why don't people never speak their minds?

Anyway, I'm curious to know what you answered as well.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say this... Or he was trying to be funny.

I'd probably have replied: "Hmm... Thanks... I guess? I mean, was it a compliment? Because it really didn't sound like one..." which, funnily enough, is the content of your post. Why don't people never speak their minds?

Anyway, I'm curious to know what you answered as well.

I just said that I still have fat because I do. I'm not even close to finished.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I just said that I still have fat because I do. I'm not even close to finished.

{{{{hugs}}}}
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It could have been a compliment but my guess is that it was most likely a dig at you suggesting that you were the cause for the break up in that you were content to be "fat" for him.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It could have been a compliment but my guess is that it was most likely a dig at you suggesting that you were the cause for the break up in that you were content to be "fat" for him.

Agreed!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Don't look into anything. It probably wasn't an attack, compliment or sarcastic in any way, shape or form. More than likely, that's how he remembers you...as fat.

I remember my ex with long hair. When I saw he this weekend, she had short hair. My statement, "I've never seen you with short hair". Didn't mean a thing.

He didn't mean anything by it, so don't take it as a positive or negative.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

He's pretty "fat" himself although I think he would have likely preferred that I was this thin when we were together.
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i woulda just HULK smashed him ! :angry:
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options

He's pretty "fat" himself although I think he would have likely preferred that I was this thin when we were together.

Meh! Too little too late! Guess he shoulda tried to hang around for that :ohwell: he's a DUMBA$$!!