What is your Ultimate Triathlon Goal??

Options
TylerJ76
TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
Just curios what yours is?

I know that mine is someday compete in an Ironman with my dad, who is my biggest inspiration

Replies

• symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I think I would be happy with a half Ironman. But who knows once I have this baby tri under my belt!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Pie in the sky would be Kona or Vegas. Being honest with myself a sub 10 hr Ironman.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Kona would be my top goal. My current one is to complete a full under 12 hours.
  • Leesseebee
    Leesseebee Posts: 216
    Options
    a full olympic is my ultimate goal-I haven't yet wanted to an iron, but after the olympic maybe that'll change...first a 5k, 2 sprints and then start training for a 10k!
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am training for a sprint, but ultimately I think an Olympic is all I'll do.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    For now just getting from the start to the finish. Once I get one under my belt...who knows?

I have to say that I'm enjoying the swimming, cycling and running so far though!
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    For now just getting from the start to the finish. Once I get one under my belt...who knows?

I have to say that I'm enjoying the swimming, cycling and running so far though!

Haha, that is my sentiments exactly. Good call. :-)
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I would love to do a half ironman!
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just once I'd like to make the podium. I know it will never happen in a full or 1/2. I know I need to improve my run by almost 5 mins from where I am now to have any hope. Already improved my 5k time by over 4 mins....to knock another 5 off I'm not seeing it. But I figure if I keep this up till I'm 75 I'm pretty sure I will win my age group:-)
  • volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    To live to be the oldest person in my age group so that I can one day make the podium.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    To live to be the oldest person in my age group so that I can one day make the podium.

YES!!! HA HA!!! 2 years ago I did a small inaugural tri. Roughly 35-40 racers, total. 4 people in my AG. I came in 4th of 4. However, those other 3 ahead of me came in 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall. So, technically, I won my AG!!! Got the trophy and everything! Will wonders never cease?

Savageman 70.0. Google it. Triathlete Magazine ranked it as the hardest triathlon in the world. There's a hill - The Westernport Wall. 31% slope. IF you can bike up it without touching the ground (unclipping or falling) and IF you finish the race, they put a brick in the road with your name on it. It's so hard that even Dave Scott couldn't successfully climb it.

Ultimate (if not unattainable) goal: Get my brick.
  • realredhead79
    realredhead79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Half ironman finish in Augusta 70.3 this year. Next year looking at IMFL. We'll see.
  • DavidTri
    DavidTri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will be 48 next week and made a decision last year that I wanted to do Triathlons. I did 3 last year, will do 3 this year and am targetting an Iron Man by the time I am 50!
  • ironholgs
    ironholgs Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A sub 12 Ironman.

A norseman finish.

oh and if we are daring to dream big, Kona qualification.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'd like to finish another ironman,,,, Finished iroman FL in 2001, gained weight and have not trained in 10 years so I am starting over ....

maybe 2014 or 2015 so I can save money and do it somewhere cool like cozumel...