Help! Knee pain during week 2.

Options
Hello All,

I am on week 2 of turbo fire. I do the workout on a carpeted floor in tennis shoes. Today and yesterday I noticed my knees hurting during and after the workout. I don't want to stop this program unless I have to because I LOVE IT, but I also don't want to do any real damage. Any advice? I have NEVER had knee issues in the past.

Look forward to hearing some great advice! Thanks!

Replies

• MSP222
    MSP222 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    got to be honest i struggle with it too, i simply have to admit i cant do it everyday or try and modify it but keep the intensity and the enthusiasm - just stick with it but do lower impact some days as much as you dont want to
  • myblckizbeautiful03
    Options
    Hello All,

I am on week 2 of turbo fire. I do the workout on a carpeted floor in tennis shoes. Today and yesterday I noticed my knees hurting during and after the workout. I don't want to stop this program unless I have to because I LOVE IT, but I also don't want to do any real damage. Any advice? I have NEVER had knee issues in the past.

Look forward to hearing some great advice! Thanks!

I agree with the young lady above ^^^, try to do lower impact. Week 1 for me was really bad my knees were killing me in my sleep and I'm only 24 years old! Week 2 I didnt push my self as hard and just follow Ali. Every now and then I can do a jump here and there, but I dont push it to hard. Before and after the workouts I focus on stretching my legs alot. It's the beginning of week 3 for my and I most say they dont hurt as bad as they did week 1. Also try to grab some better shoes, that might be a problem.
  • maranatha777
    maranatha777 Posts: 145
    Options
    When I first started the program I had this issue also. A quick and cheap fix is to put some packing tape on your shoes to make them slippery, this helped me immensely! Ultimately I got some new shoes and now workout on hardwood floors, but the tape does work! Hope this helps :wink:
  • kaylamw86
    kaylamw86 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It is getting better. I am doing lower impact when I can (I always want to GO FOR IT!). I am going to try the shoe taping trick too. Thanks!
  • Btrfly2541
    Btrfly2541 Posts: 14
    Options
    A tip I learned when doing Turbo Jam was to always make sure to pick up my feet slightly when pivoting when I'm doing this workout on carpet. The problem for me was that my knees were pivoting without my toes moving- hence knee pain.