Your fashion idol

Options
Elizabeth_C34
Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
If you could dress like anyone who would it be?

(right click on any image and select "view image" to see the full size)

Me: Joan Holloway from Mad Men

mad_men_joan_hollyway_necklace.jpg

joan_holloway--300x450.jpg

Joan-Holloway.jpg

Or Liz Taylor (circa late 1950's or early 1960's)

1959-suddenly-ls_1855273a.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef0128776475b6970c-800wi

Replies

• EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't know who a fashionista would be that has my desired style, I'm more of a "boho grunge" type of dresser. LOL. I know... horrible.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I don't know who a fashionista would be that has my desired style, I'm more of a "boho grunge" type of dresser. LOL. I know... horrible.

Sienna Miller?

SiennaMiller-boho-chic.jpg
  • Pancua
    Pancua Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Queen Latifah! In just about anything she wears. I love her curves and how awesome she looks!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Sienna Miller?

SiennaMiller-boho-chic.jpg

or Nicole Richie

nicole-richie2.jpg
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm having a hard time having anyone pop into my head. I'm thinking of not so much actual fashion, but all around *style*. The automatic first person who pops into my mind and refuses to budge is Isabella Rossellini, before she went completely androgynous. In the 80s, when she was still modeling, she was beyond fierce!

2lbgfbl.jpg
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Jean Harlow:
    centerofattention_2.jpg

Claudette Colbert
    claudettecolbert5346.jpg

Mary Pickford
    Annex%20-%20Pickford,%20Mary_04.jpg

Siouxsie Sioux
    tumblr_kxkkum1iEW1qamx1xo1_400_thumb.jpg
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Liz Taylor, or anyone from the really old movies, where women DRESSED..as in gloves..tight waist's, Full skirts.
    Did you ever see white Christmas? Like that.
    Or any of M. Monroe's movie's? Probably my favorite. YES, def my fav, M.Monroe.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Stacy London from What Not to Wear. I think my favorite part of her look is the grey streak in her hair. She always looks chic and put together.

Stacy-London-med.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I LOVE Stacy London from What Not to Wear. I think my favorite part of her look is the grey streak in her hair. She always looks chic and put together.

Stacy-London-med.jpg

Good choice!

She's gorgeous
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    I LOVE STACY LONDON!!! In fact, I almost chose her instead of Isabella Rossellini - it was between the two, and then Isabella won out! My sister and my niece and I always harken to Stacy and Clinton when talking about what would go with what. Our favorite mantra is actually a Clinton-ism: "You wouldn't want a little pop of color?"
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do love Nicole Richies look. :D
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Kate Middleton. Is that sad?

kate-middleton-fashion1.jpg
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Kate Middleton. Is that sad?

the-coaching-zone-Kate-Middleton.png

Nothing sad about Kate Middleton's fashion, I think wears some really nice dresses. However, my issue with her is that her head is bigger than her waist!! Everytime I see her I'm like 'WTH?.... Oh! Cute dress!'
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Michelle Obama, Katie Holmes, Jessica Alba (when she is out and about).
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Other than Stacey London, I can't think of anyone I like for her own style, but I like character's styles. Except maybe Fran Drescher and Katy Perry, but those aren't exactly clothes you can wear in "real life."

I'd wear most of the clothes that Sookie Stackhouse on True Blood would wear, the cute little sundresses or the tiny shorts and tanks. But I like a bolder print... she tends to go for dainty florals. Honorable mentions to vampires Pam, Jessica and Lorena (especially the 1920s era).

SookieStackhouse.jpg

And the show is new, but I love the entire look of Chloe on Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23. I have a total girl-crush on her and covet her hair, but last time I tried blunt bangs, I looked like Spock. :ohwell:

dont-trust-the-b-in-apartment-23.jpg

dont-trust-the-b-in-apartment-23-krysten-ritter.jpg

1iz6zick9yl0izki.jpg
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I love Nicole Richie's style!
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My style idols are Kelly Rowland, Hallie Berry and Tracee Ellis Ross. They all have great style.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. Kate Middleton is a good one. I specifically bought a dress last summer because it was a knock off of something she wore and on the Today show or something. I just like to be kind of classy and put together while still being somewhat casual and not overly feminine....
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    OK I am adding tv show characters. :D

Leighton Meister on Gossip Girl, The main character on Fairly Legal and Kerry Washington on Scandal. :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I always loved the "sexy secretary" look...........

Cecily6.JPG